GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"suprnova.com closing down"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
A sad sad day for all of us :(

Mourn with me
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Captain to you."
alot of the sites link to each other thats why you often find downloads in suprnova had lokitorrent as the tracker name. hopefully i will find a site to replace suprnova for the types of stuff i 'acquire'.

thanks alot 'Borat' for the link.
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:53
Regular
"Bicycle"
Why?

WHY GOD, WHY?!?
Sun 19/12/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Coin wrote:
> Why?
>
> WHY GOD, WHY?!?

Because the sites are linking to torrent files that contain copyrighted material. Napster has been closed down due to this, loads of Kazaa users sued or warned about what they are sharing/downloading.

Places that are being closed are places who offered movies and music. Other places might be safe for the time being depending on what they have. Other sites have closed basically due to other sites being shut down. One in particular offered DVDR movies and a server in the same building as theres was raided, so they quickly shut the site down and wiped the drives clean, before they too were raided.
Sun 19/12/04 at 19:50
Regular

In light of the current BT situation i am afraid the decision has been made by myself, exmortis and xwing to remove the software and PC games sections as there is way to much crazy stuff happening connected to the BT communities and we have to try and keep our little community alive, we are very sad to see it come to this but we feel that we have to act now rather than wait until it is to late.

We would like to thank all the gamers etc. who have been a part of our little gaming communty and we would especialy like to thank the games and software mods for all their hard work and i hope that some of you will still hang around and grab some music and have a chat with the rest of the members in general chat etc.

Again thank you all for being here it has been an adventure lol
I will be removing these section later today :(

Thanx :(

-An e-mail I received this morning, doesn't seem that there has been too much media coverage of sites like this closing down.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:02
Regular
Just use one of their mirrors.

[URL]http://www.bi-torrent.com/[/URL]
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:03
Regular
"We are the dead"
Marry me, Damarus.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:04
Regular
Father Crilly wrote:
> Marry me, Damarus.

As long as you claim to be the woman of the marriage.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:22
Regular
This really does suck ass to a huge degree.

All of the torrent sites I've visited today are either shut down or don't work. Even doing searches on Client software like Shareaza or Limewire is a waste of time.

I wouldn't mind but I don't even download all that much and pay more than enough money into the music industry.

These penis-lickers just can't abide people getting anything for free, can they? Everything has to have a price tag - somebody has to get rich or it's against the law. I lost a lot of my music collection on a corrupt hard drive recently, so I was trying to re-populate my playlists using this software.

Most of it I have on CD, but there are a few rare tracks that you just can't get anywhere else, nor do you want to fork out £15 for an album, just for one song.

I hope this decision really bites them. I hope their outlawing of the sharing of MP3's leads to a dramatic increase in the distribution of illegal CD's and DVD's. They've ruined something good here.
Sun 19/12/04 at 22:50
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
What site was that Mode?

Its mainly the MPAA doing all of this as documented here [URL]http://www.mpaa.org/CurrentReleases/2004_12_14_WwdeP2PActions.pdf[/URL]

Other p2p programs will emerge. Napster was once the king, then Kazaa then Bit Torrent and now something else. Plus theres still IRC and Newsgroups although, slower and more painfull to use they still do there job.
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Damn. Oh well, something else will be along soon.

great quote off gaming news site:

"A great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of pirates suddenly cried out "Arrrr..." in terror and were suddenly silenced"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.