GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"suprnova.com closing down"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
A sad sad day for all of us :(

Mourn with me
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:43
Regular
"..."
Hmm, I haven't downloaded anything movie or music related in a couple of years, due to not having access to broadband. But when I did, it was usually to download music from albums that had long since been deleted and I couldn't obtain a copy through the normal channels (such as Beats International's 'Excursion on the Version'). It was very rare I would download anything current and if I did it was stuff that IO would have never considered buying, or remixes that appeared as 'B-sides' on singles (I don't see why I should buy a sinlge when I already own the album it's taken from, but don't want to miss out on the potential of good remixes, the remixes have already been paid for their work, so I don't see that I was doing anything wrong...)
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> Peerguardian. Very useful program.
> [URL]http://www.methlabs.org/methlabs.htm[/URL]

This dosn't stop people from viewing your IP address though, it just blocks certain addresses from recieving or sending you data.
Most Bit torrent clients will allow you to view all of the IP addresses of the folk you are sharing with and from.

Still very useful though. An alternative to the one above is protowall, also use blocklist manager to update the block list every so often.
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Cheers Pand ;)

Nee bother. Check out how many it blocks in an hour. I don't do anything without it now.
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
http://torrentreactor.to/

Note the ".to", not ".com"
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:29
Regular
Dolores I wrote:
> [URL]www.torrentreactor.com[/URL]

That's beginning to play up too. Wouldn't be suprised if it's completely dead by now.
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:28
Regular
Cheers Pand ;)
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
[URL]www.torrentreactor.com[/URL]
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßulle†† wrote:
> I left a download running overnight, obtained via the mirror Damarus
> supplied. I checked it this morning and it was still running - at a
> phenominal speed! It's never downloaded so fast before - must be the
> big drop in traffic.
>
> But, there's a niggling fear in the back of my head that I'm now more
> vulnerable to the Feds and their tracking down of illegal downloads.

Peerguardian. Very useful program. [URL]http://www.methlabs.org/methlabs.htm[/URL]
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:19
Regular
I left a download running overnight, obtained via the mirror Damarus supplied. I checked it this morning and it was still running - at a phenominal speed! It's never downloaded so fast before - must be the big drop in traffic.

But, there's a niggling fear in the back of my head that I'm now more vulnerable to the Feds and their tracking down of illegal downloads.

Moving on...

I fully agree with Borat in that this move is stupid. Fair enough, it will have a positive effect on the major pirates, downloading masses of MP3s and movies/games each week, but the whole file-sharing scene has given me the opportunity to discover so much more new music and stuff.

I too am not going to fork out £15 for an album I don't know if I will like. I just want the one song I heard (and no, they're not always available on Napster/iTunes/other). 9 times out of 10 I'll buy the album eventually anyway, after a try-before-you-buy.

As for Movies, I only download the ones I've already seen in the Cinema. I'm not paying £5.50 each time I want to see it - I'll be buying the DVd for Christ's sake.

File-sharing has allowed me to re-enjoy films like Anchorman, Dodgeball, Shark Tale, Blade Trinity etc. while I wait for the DVD release. And they're not always atrocious quality - most of the ones I have got have been rather high quality Telesync versions, or even DVD Screeners. It's not like I'm genuinely killing the industry, since I paid to see the movies in the Cinema and I will be paying for the DVD's upon release (most probably the 'Special Edition' versions too).

As for games. I've only ever downloaded one. Doom 3. It's a good job too - it was awful.
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> great quote off gaming news site:
>
> "A great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of pirates suddenly cried
> out "Arrrr..." in terror and were suddenly silenced"

:^D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.