GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jehovas Witnesses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 15:22
Regular
"For One Night Only"
It's six days 'til Christmas, and two Jehovas Witnesses have the audacity to knock on my front door in an attempt to convert my religion. Shame on you!

They're always in pairs, too...
Mon 20/12/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Jehovis Witnesses are certainly the most annoying religion. Constantly trying to shove their ethics down your throat. They're very intrusive, at least other religious groups keep to themselves and don't try to convert you or force their way into your house for a cup of tea. Two of them once gave us their bible or whatever. My dad accidentally binned the thing and they knocked every wednesday for about 2 months to get it back. When we saw them coming we always just used to pull the curtains or turn the lights down! Anyway, now if we get any knock, we just tell them that what they are doing is actually harassement and that we are well within our rights to call the police. After this they just leave, speechless.

You always know that they're JW to can't you? They get out of their cars, which are always ford focuses, then they saunter towards the first house. Often wearing ponchos, usually old. About the pairing thing, I once saw a group of about 10 of them! They didn't knock but they were walking into another street. Seems as if they sometimes just deploy intimidation techniques. Nasty people indeed.

Their sales pitch is always something like 'welcome to paradise' They then hand you a leaflet with a picture of rolling green hills and a waterfall. Asking you if this is how you envisage your afterlife or some crud like that.

In conclusion they are a dispicable pathetic religion. Whom bug you constantly and can even forcibly do so. I frankly am disgusted by any JW. They sicken me. Apologgies but tthat is the way that I feel.
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:59
Regular
"..."
Puddin™ wrote:
> What do they say when they come to the door then?
>
The last ones that came to my door were very freindly too an elderly couple who spoke about people wanting to live forever and how that's not for them because whop'd want to live forever in a world that's rapidly descending into chaos. They then left me some leaflets (which Lucy binned before I read) and said they would come back to discuss what was in them. They did serveral times. I usually hid. Then they caught me cooking lunch (blooming front facing kitchens) and I told them it was very interesting but I wasn't interested in taking it any further than that at the moment. They left as cherrily as they arrived.

I too have come to the conclusion that they get a bad rep.
Mon 20/12/04 at 09:33
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What do they say when they come to the door then?

There was a girl who was a Jehovas Witness inmy high school. I never spoke to her though. Her dad used to pick her up from school in a 3 wheeler.
Mon 20/12/04 at 09:29
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Timmargh wrote:
> Sorry to shatter everyone's view of Jehovah's Witnesses, but I had a
> couple call at my door just over two years ago; I invited them in and
> we talked about religion for about an hour - I'm an atheist and they
> accepted my reasons why I didn't want religion in my life.
>
> Since then they've called round for coffee and non-religious chat
> about once every two or three months.

Yeah, I always invite them in. Mormons too. Oddly, I haven't had a visit in over 2 years now...
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:52
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Hardyhar
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:49
"period drama"
Mode wrote:
> Ms NY wrote:
> I love it when the American boys in black suits come to the door.
> Try
> to keep them there for as long as possible.
> They may not even be Jehovah Witnesses, but I don't mind.
>
> Mormons?

There's no need to insult their intelligence.
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:46
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
> I love it when the American boys in black suits come to the door. Try
> to keep them there for as long as possible.
> They may not even be Jehovah Witnesses, but I don't mind.

Mormons?
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:42
Regular
"cachoo"
I love it when the American boys in black suits come to the door. Try to keep them there for as long as possible.
They may not even be Jehovah Witnesses, but I don't mind.
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:02
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Was it the black and white stripes on the front page that gave it away FFF?
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:00
"period drama"
Meh, never had a problem.
One time some people came to the door and said some stuff then gave me a leaflet and left. It was only about 3 days later when I actually looked at it that I realised they were JWs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.