GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pete Doherty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 14:33
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Am I alone in thinking this guy is an absolute c***?

I mean seriously, he's written a few good songs, but the man's just a walking joke, surely? How many people do you think would love to be in his position, to be able to tour and play live and write music and get paid for it? But all I read in the news about this guy is his latest court appearance for carrying a knife/robbing his bandmate/drunk and disorderly. There's rock and roll, and then there's just being a complete t**t.

This is a perfect example of what I mean: [URL]http://www.nme.com/news/110852.htm[/URL]

Remember, this is the bloke who was number 1 in the NME's 'Cool List' - a crack-guzzling drunk who thinks nothing better than robbing his best mate's flat for drug money.

Anyone else? Please?
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
He looks like Helena Bonham Carter.
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The guy's a dil-hole, and I don't even like the Libertines. He smokes and takes drugs, he's so kewl!!!1
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I wonder how many NME-hugging indie flids will try injecting
> themselves with the horse because they saw the man with the little
> hat do it?

Well, if they do I shall reserve all my usual sympathy and compassion that I display for anyone who's reason for doing something boils down to "I saw someone famous do it".
Thu 16/12/04 at 14:59
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I wonder how many NME-hugging indie flids will try injecting themselves with the horse because they saw the man with the little hat do it?
Thu 16/12/04 at 14:56
"period drama"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Although I have to admit Doherty does seem to be on a steady self
> destructive road to ruin.

I hope that was a song reference.

That's another thing ... a lot of the best songs are about what a fagash he is. So ... again, kinda let off. What a world, eh?
Thu 16/12/04 at 14:50
"period drama"
He is a complete selfish cockshank for all that stuff, yes indeedy.
But Libertines + Babyshambles is such genius ... so he's kinda forgiven. Kinda.

argh
Thu 16/12/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
May be frustrating at the time, but imagine telling people afterwards that you were at the shambolic gig?

I for one would love to have seen Nine Inch Nails at their lowest moment, all mortal drunk, Trent throwing a mic stand at the drummer (who had to be taken off), unable to play and falling all over the stage covered in mud.

Pure rock and roll.

Although I have to admit Doherty does seem to be on a steady self destructive road to ruin.
Thu 16/12/04 at 14:38
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
He's being egged on by a bunch of sycophants and losers, sure. But lets look at this another way...

I like my rock stars to be shambolic human wreckage who live fast and die young. Beats the ass out of Pop Star identibands any day.

And if any of 'em slip through the net and live to be over 40, they should at least have the common decency to as ice-cool-as-**** as, for example, Johnny Cash, Mark Lanegan, or Tom Waits.
Thu 16/12/04 at 14:33
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Am I alone in thinking this guy is an absolute c***?

I mean seriously, he's written a few good songs, but the man's just a walking joke, surely? How many people do you think would love to be in his position, to be able to tour and play live and write music and get paid for it? But all I read in the news about this guy is his latest court appearance for carrying a knife/robbing his bandmate/drunk and disorderly. There's rock and roll, and then there's just being a complete t**t.

This is a perfect example of what I mean: [URL]http://www.nme.com/news/110852.htm[/URL]

Remember, this is the bloke who was number 1 in the NME's 'Cool List' - a crack-guzzling drunk who thinks nothing better than robbing his best mate's flat for drug money.

Anyone else? Please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.