GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question: If Nintendo have been so revolutionary...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 09:29
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Why is the DS the first handheld they have used a 3D chip in?

Come on it's not like 3D chips are new
Page:
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:51
Regular
"and PC user"
Ahh, the stylus which will save the DS - I dont think so. Sure, brave move from Nintendo - I have to them some credit for trying something new, but I dont see it changing things.

The 2 screens is a less clever idea. One bigger screen would have been better. PSP does have that bigger screen, but its a scratch resistant type, rather than having a cover like the DS. Not sure if the scratch resistant screen will hold up - we will have to wait and see.

Battery life looks like it will be shorter on PSP, but I can see lots of people simply not caring about this once they get the chance to play GT4 and Wipeout. Better battery technology will prolly follow in later models.

And history says people will buy things like Wipeout and GT4 once they have the option.

Movie and music playback is a bonus - you dont have to carry your mp3 player with you as well as your PSP.
Wed 29/12/04 at 17:06
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Clever like that, we end up saying the same thing over and over
> again
> before he addresses the argument.
>
> And you all think he's stupid.

No I said "clever like that"...

See.
Wed 29/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
"\\"
Dringo wrote:
> Clever like that, we end up saying the same thing over and over again
> before he addresses the argument.

And you all think he's stupid.
Wed 29/12/04 at 14:26
Regular
Clever like that, we end up saying the same thing over and over again before he addresses the argument.
Wed 29/12/04 at 09:41
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
gamesfreak wrote:
> The thing that makes me laugh is the fact that Macintosh is just
> reeling out pages and pages of spoon fed PR information he's pulled
> from gamespot.
>
> He has no real experience of playing a PSP at all.

However true this is, and it quite clearly is (ie. the PSP is, obviously, not released yet) what makes me laugh even more is the fact that he's ignoring all the points we've brought up.
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Or indeed, a DS.
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:05
Regular
Games based on modern console games don't seem to do too well on handhelds.

After all, look at the N-gage.

They have the 'uber-realistic' Fifa 2004 for example. Wow...so..er...yeah...er....

Tell me again why the N-gage is doing so 'well' despite having supposedly superior graphics to the Game Boy Advance?

The Nintendo DS outsold N-gage's worldwide cumulative sales figure in around a week (or thereabouts)

Handheld machines need handheld games. Sure, on the more popular machines there are going to be some console-based bestsellers. I wont deny that. But it's the handheld games that sell handheld consoles.
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:15
Regular
The thing that makes me laugh is the fact that Macintosh is just reeling out pages and pages of spoon fed PR information he's pulled from gamespot.

He has no real experience of playing a PSP at all.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:57
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> We will see if retro puzzle games on the DS can cut it when there are
> a load more PSP's out there along with a load more PSP games like
> Wipeout!

What loser plays Wipeout on the go? Honestly.

I don't mean retro puzzle games, I mean handheld games. Games made for the handheld.

Sony should leave handheld games to the experts and don't drag the home console crowd that do not know what they are playing down with it.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:47
Regular
"and PC user"
We will see if retro puzzle games on the DS can cut it when there are a load more PSP's out there along with a load more PSP games like Wipeout!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.