GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My laptop has gone all gimpish..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/12/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I've never had any problems while playing Halo on it, it's on the lowest setting level but it runs super smooth which is what I want for online gaming.

Recently however things have been getting jumpy with it, so jumpy that at some times I get a new frame once every 10 seconds or so!

What's even stranger is that it doesn't do this all the time. It will run super smooth, then go super jumpy and almost as suddenly as it started it will go smooth again!

It's only happened recently, so I'm completely bafled as to what's wrong.

It's an Iridium 865 too if you want to know.
Wed 15/12/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
This is so stupid now, I had it on the lowest settings and it still went all jumpy plus it was lagging a minute ago while I was selecting a site from my favourites.

I noticed that as soon as the fan dropped down one notch in 'blowability' the jumpyness stopped, but soon started up again.

Could it be due to the thing overheating, because there's nothing running that could be causing these problems as I've disabled everything.

It's a pain in the ass, I can't play Halo any more.

:(
Tue 14/12/04 at 22:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Just been playing one of those Bungie servers on the big bridge, it didn't jump at all really as I've closed 90% of the running processes. Although I've also managed to disable one of the processes that was responsible for all my sound!

It's very quiet.

I'm gonna restart and find what one it is.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've got my filter set to CTF only. Blood Gulch mainly. BF: Battlesniper, or Big Boys Toys. "Monkeyman".
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Best thing to do is kick the hell out of it.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:55
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"Fill"

I mainly play CTF games as they're more fun until people start randomly killing me even though I'm on their team.

Plus I just used a system restore to get the driver back as nothing works, although its still really jumpy...

I'll have to disable everything then try.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You play Halo PC online!?!? What's your username?
Tue 14/12/04 at 18:56
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
If that works, I will have to make love to you right here, right now...
Tue 14/12/04 at 18:42
Regular
"YTS Primate"
Mobile support do all the warranty work for Iridium in this country and you can download drivers here.

[URL] http://www.mobile-support.net [/URL]
Tue 14/12/04 at 17:50
Regular
Contact the manufacturer.
Tue 14/12/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I better find a place I can download a working driver or I'm doomed for the next 4 weeks!

The driver disk is back at uni!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.