GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone or Call of Duty?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/12/04 at 20:58
Regular
Im unsure of which to get, both have recieved pretty average reviews from IGN yet they've had some great reviews from the mags.

So which one, if any?
Sat 11/12/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Having recently finished Killzone (still playing it though, unusual for me), all I can say is make sure you get Killzone.

Some best bits for you (including spoilers)

Defending a beach from wave after wave of Helghast troops arriving on assault boats, just as you wipe out 8 and think it's all over, another 16 come running up the beach and you're left scrabbling around trying to pick up every bit of ammo in sight as they pour into the trenches just below your position. Think Medal of Honor D-Day landings, but with you defending.

The game is basically a whole bunch of set pieces one after the other, but each plays out differently depending on your tactics/character at the time.

The cut scenes, the most notable of which are Rico Valasquez calling Colonel Gregor Hakha a 'bald f***' (he swears constantly throughout the game) and General Adams killing one of his adjutants by bashing his head against the desk repeatly when he tells him that you've just managed to wipe out the General's 10th division.

The online: Finally met up with some of the gang from my Everquest clan and got to kill them in various ways (something we couldn't do in Everquest). Laser-guided missiles from half a mile away, double blast shotgun shells from close range, and the trusty sniper rifle all put to very good effect on a massive variety of levels.

Playing through the whole game with one character, then discovering that those tricky bits would have been SO much easier if you'd used, say, Colonel Hakha (a Helghast defector) in the sections where there are plenty of Helghast weapons lying about, or Luger in that bit where the rope was hanging down to go up and around instead of having to wade though 15 aggresive Helghast troops in a tight corridor.

Oh, and take time out to shoot some glass panels and water coolers just for fun if you can spare the ammo :)
Sat 11/12/04 at 22:08
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Get both!

But if that is out of the question go for Call Of Duty.
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm still in two minds about Killzone, seems a little over-hyped. I will be getting Call of Duty though, as soon as I either finish, or get stuck on Ghost Recon 2, which is pretty solid.
Sat 11/12/04 at 20:58
Regular
Im unsure of which to get, both have recieved pretty average reviews from IGN yet they've had some great reviews from the mags.

So which one, if any?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.