GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killzone or Call of Duty?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/12/04 at 20:58
Regular
Im unsure of which to get, both have recieved pretty average reviews from IGN yet they've had some great reviews from the mags.

So which one, if any?
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:21
"High polygon count"
I'd have to say, Killzone is THE PS2 FPS game, above all others.

And in my mind, it IS better than HALO, which I couldn't be bothered to complete and sold on eBay a couple of months ago.

Whether it's better than HALO 2, I don't know. I've got HALO 2, but I've not touched it since Xmas day thanks to Jak 3 and now Killzone.

I'm in the middle of loads of games at the moment. I just finished Ratchet & Clank 3 before Xmas, bought MOH Pacific Assault and started that, got (and started) Black Monday, Jak 3, HALO 2 and Killzone for Xmas, and also received COD United Offensive on the PC.

Now I'm concentrating on them one at a time, getting them finished... Killzone at the moment.
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:03
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Defo Killzone

Never been a Call of duty fan but got it anyways along with killzone and yet to play COD. Killzone is not over hyped and should defo be on your PS2 shelf
Sun 02/01/05 at 17:06
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I was a little less than gobsmacked when I first played Killzone, but now I've played through more of it, I'm pretty damn impressed with it. It does get better as you go along.
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Call of Duty on the PS2 is kinda crap.

The lack of save points can make a man go insane.
Sat 01/01/05 at 09:49
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
 ßulle†† wrote:
> No, he's just a retard. DO NOT associate him with the Xbox community
> please.

Seconded.

I haven't played COD, but I played Killzone round my mate's house yesterday.

I must admit, I didn't think much of the normal deathmatch (I couldnt find anyone), but the 'Assault' mode and the 'Defense and Destroy' modes were very enjoyable.

I played a bit of the Campaign mode as well, which was also excellent.

Recommended. (sp?)
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:49
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I would say that Killzone is the right choice. It is a bit slower paced but it is a better game. If you want a COD game then go for the PC version.
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:40
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Killzone, definitely.

Try to get CoD on the PC if that works.

Otherwise rentals me lad, rentals.
:)
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:03
Regular
I'd go for Killzone, by a mile. I've never been so taken by the atmosphere in a game. The Helghast troops are just awe inspiring. I love the futuristic setting, and truly enjoy playing the game. I find myself really caring about saving the planet and defeating the Helghast. Its pretty tense, but very satisfying at the end of each level. Great stuff.
Sat 18/12/04 at 10:33
Regular
No, he's just a retard. DO NOT associate him with the Xbox community please.
Sat 18/12/04 at 10:24
"Retarded List"
The XB Gamer wrote:
> Halo 2

You are a retarded fan-boy.

Call Of Duty, BTW.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.