GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/12/04 at 18:24
Regular
[URL]http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/charlieandthechocolatefactory.html[/URL]
Sat 11/12/04 at 18:24
Regular
[URL]http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/charlieandthechocolatefactory.html[/URL]
Sat 11/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
As much as I love Johnny Depp, I have a feeling this is gonna be a Planet of the Apes nightmare of a movie....the theme tune scares me.
Sat 11/12/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mystique wrote:
> As much as I love Johnny Depp, I have a feeling this is gonna be a
> Planet of the Apes nightmare of a movie....the theme tune scares me.

You're kidding? It looks freaky as hell. The oompa loompas were bad enough to start with. These new versions look like they're going to give me nightmares.............
Sat 11/12/04 at 19:15
Regular
The reason Planet of the Apes sucked so badly is because it was totally not Burtons style...oh and Mark Wahlberg's cockface.

However Chocolate Factory is so far up Burtons Chunnel that it's already got its brown wings. This film looks excellent!
Sat 11/12/04 at 19:44
Regular
"0228"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> This film looks excellent!

It does? I thought it looked awful from the trailer. Depp's Wonka just seems odd (and a bit scary) where as Gene Wilder's portrail of him in the original was how I expected Wonka to be and how I believe he should be, but it was only a short trailer.
Sat 11/12/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
JFH wrote:
where as Gene Wilder's portrail of
> him in the original was how I expected Wonka to be and how I believe
> he should be, but it was only a short trailer.

But not as he was intended to be.
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:35
Regular
"0228"
True, barely any of the film followed the book with different demises for some of the kids, orange skinned oompa-loompas, etc. but I still feel that the film worked very well in the way it was done.
Sat 11/12/04 at 22:01
Regular
In the book Wonka is supposed to be scary.
Sat 11/12/04 at 22:04
Regular
"We are the dead"
Not particularly on topic of Wonka itself, but Depp is a fantastic actor I feel.
Sat 11/12/04 at 22:07
Regular
This guy made The Nightmare Before Christmas and Batman? hmm I'm not very impressed, I was expecting something a lot better. But I'll wait and see the finish product first.

Planet of the Apes? I'm still trying to figure out the ending. :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.