GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RoTK Extended Edition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 13:26
Superb, a noticeable improvement on the cinema version. The numerous "Huh, that's it?" scenes are now gone, filled with bits that make a difference to the pacing of the film. Certainly recommended to all, unless you hated the films of course.
Tue 07/12/04 at 23:22
Regular
I'll probably get this just after christmas day and watch all 3 extended versions over 3 days. So, obviously, one a day. Probably in the evening so I can settle down comfortably.
Tue 07/12/04 at 18:59
"period drama"
I'll be getting it at Christmas. Can't wait.
I'm sure one next year (late) I'll watched all 3 of my extended ones back to back.
Tue 07/12/04 at 17:41
Regular
"\\"
I read the books, I then watched the movies.

LOTR books > everything > LOTR movies
Tue 07/12/04 at 17:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
AFC 4Eva wrote:
> Arn't those films long enough, why do they see the need in adding
> anther 45 minutes to it.

Because the extended editions are for people who want too see more of the movies. Hell, I never read the books but loved the movies so much I wouldn't mind if each was extended to 12 hours. What's their already just doesn't seem enough.

I'll be picking this extended version up Christmas time, ready to watch the whole trilogy in order.
Tue 07/12/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I agree, I might watch a few years down the line.
Tue 07/12/04 at 15:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I have several reasons to watch them: the Balrog, other stuff and the Balrog.
Tue 07/12/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Can't be arsed watching any of the LOTR films again. I've seen them, I can't un-see them. That's good enough for me.
Tue 07/12/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Mystique wrote:
> There is. It's around sixty quid. Play have it, I'd link to it but I can't be arsed.

Lazy cow.

:^P

I've got two of the box-sets coming - one for a friend. £45 a-piece.
Tue 07/12/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
AFC 4Eva wrote:
> Arn't those films long enough, why do they see the need in adding
> anther 45 minutes to it.

To hell with 45 minutes, I want another 4 hours added to the lot. Cinema gold (If that's your type of thing. Personally, having been brought up on the books, it's mine, as it will be a lot of all you lot with the exception of those people who just don't get it, like 4EVA!!!!!!! here.)
Tue 07/12/04 at 15:11
Because it makes it better?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.