GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short story Competition 15 - Come and get it!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/12/04 at 20:28
"possibly impossible"
It's come Full Circle.

All those moons ago I started a fun little topic called the Short Story Competition, and now I have the pleasure in giving you the task for SSC15.

And in celebration of this fact, the only obvious choice is to name it:

Full Circle

...there, that gives you plenty of scope. The stories need to be in by 17th December, a mere 12 days time, so there's not long to get writing. 'Why so quick?', you may ask. Well, I'm off for Christmas shortly after so I might not get time to judge. Still, if not enough people have entered by then, I'll extend it to January.

Go forth and write, people...
Fri 17/12/04 at 13:41
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm glad I'm not dating you Ashman, you'd take forever to get ready.
Fri 17/12/04 at 13:18
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Noooo, judging tomorrow or later tonight.

I need to finish.
Fri 17/12/04 at 13:16
Regular
Hurry and judge, behotch. :-D

I have a story that needs-a posting.
Fri 17/12/04 at 12:53
Regular
It was Time. Time for what He did not know but something told him that destiny awaited him.
His life had been full of portent. He had studied astrology in the belief that it would lead him to his true purpose... humanities true purpose. He had become some what renowned for his work and was considered now one of the foremost authorities in the world paralleled only by two others.
His life had been nothing but a preparation for this moment, he feared it and yet knew he must embrace it.
He met with his fellow astrologers, all of whom had felt the same instinct. Something this monumental could not be ignored. The three men began their journey packing lightly they decided to carry the essentials... food, water, clothing and a gift. Wherever it was they were being led they were aware that they were about to be in the presence of majesty and there they knew their offerings must reflect this. Each gift meant something, symbolised who this person was. The gifts symbolised his kingship, divinity and humanity.
Their travels had led them to their well marked destination. The room was crowded but the three men in their eastern robes were ushered in past the others. IN unison the men bowed and knelt and placed there expensive and beautiful gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
Fri 17/12/04 at 10:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
I think PB's daughter should judge.
Thu 16/12/04 at 19:27
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
GLEH!

*hurries*
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:39
"period drama"
Look up.
That's the title right there: Full Circle.

Go go go.
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:23
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Think I'll have a go at one of these.

Anyone want to give me a title, so I can write around that. Nothing stupid either.
Sun 12/12/04 at 17:10
"period drama"
God bless those miracle pills.
Sun 12/12/04 at 10:30
Regular
Mine's up :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.