GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short story Competition 15 - Come and get it!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/12/04 at 20:28
"possibly impossible"
It's come Full Circle.

All those moons ago I started a fun little topic called the Short Story Competition, and now I have the pleasure in giving you the task for SSC15.

And in celebration of this fact, the only obvious choice is to name it:

Full Circle

...there, that gives you plenty of scope. The stories need to be in by 17th December, a mere 12 days time, so there's not long to get writing. 'Why so quick?', you may ask. Well, I'm off for Christmas shortly after so I might not get time to judge. Still, if not enough people have entered by then, I'll extend it to January.

Go forth and write, people...
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:28
"possibly impossible"
It's come Full Circle.

All those moons ago I started a fun little topic called the Short Story Competition, and now I have the pleasure in giving you the task for SSC15.

And in celebration of this fact, the only obvious choice is to name it:

Full Circle

...there, that gives you plenty of scope. The stories need to be in by 17th December, a mere 12 days time, so there's not long to get writing. 'Why so quick?', you may ask. Well, I'm off for Christmas shortly after so I might not get time to judge. Still, if not enough people have entered by then, I'll extend it to January.

Go forth and write, people...
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:33
Regular
Ah, great. :-)

Too bad it has nothing to do with the story I started writing a few hours ago. :-\
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I love you, pb.

And that date will be fine, people were wanting the last date to hurry up so I can only assume the same will happen this time.
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:38
Regular
Got me thinking... dangerous, that

Strike me down and I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Need to get drunk.
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm currently listening to The Bled.

Anything I churn out will be an Emo-tinged morphodite of self-pity and "the world is all so samey and hopless"-ness.

I'm really going to try and make this one uncrap, since a lot of my recent stories, if you can call them that, have been echoing misery and museful pondering over oblivionism.

I'm going to have like characters and a plot and stuff.
Sun 05/12/04 at 21:00
"possibly impossible"
Paradox: wrote:
> I'm going to have like characters and a plot and stuff.

Yes. Good. Do it.

I still stand by the fact that it's easier to do dark than happy or funny though...
Sun 05/12/04 at 21:05
Regular
I had an idea for a story, but methinks I may actually go for a happy story instead.

When this turns out utter crap, you're to blame, pb. :-P
Sun 05/12/04 at 21:09
"period drama"
Meh.
See, now everyone's gonna write plot and stuff. And probably so they'll win, not because they want to.

tututtutt
Sun 05/12/04 at 21:12
Regular
I've actually been trying to for ages, I'm just a bit rubbish. Always turns into some vague crapness or other. I'll never be able to write proper, proper stories, but I suppose I should really include a storyline of some sort instead of random thoughts.

:D
Sun 05/12/04 at 21:23
"period drama"
I'd rather have something from you or Ash - not the random splurges, but the more structured yet still sublime pieces over your traditional short story.

Yeah, I liked pb and Meka's stories - because they were well written and entertaining, somewhat of a rareity, and harked back to older forum times. But I'd just get bored reading the character-driven intro-event-decision-resolution from everyone in every comp.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.