GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short story Competition 15 - Come and get it!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/12/04 at 20:28
"possibly impossible"
It's come Full Circle.

All those moons ago I started a fun little topic called the Short Story Competition, and now I have the pleasure in giving you the task for SSC15.

And in celebration of this fact, the only obvious choice is to name it:

Full Circle

...there, that gives you plenty of scope. The stories need to be in by 17th December, a mere 12 days time, so there's not long to get writing. 'Why so quick?', you may ask. Well, I'm off for Christmas shortly after so I might not get time to judge. Still, if not enough people have entered by then, I'll extend it to January.

Go forth and write, people...
Sun 19/12/04 at 13:51
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
First podium finish for the Ash!
And I agree with the picks for 1st and 3rd also; both were amazing.

Nice one, pb.
Sun 19/12/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ah good one. Well judged. Congrats FFF and the runners up :)
Sat 18/12/04 at 23:09
"period drama"
Booyah ... and stuff.
yeyu.

But now I have to think about stuff ... hmmmm .... what's it to be?
Sat 18/12/04 at 21:31
Regular
Brilliant, nice one FFF. Twas well deserved. Well done to the runners up too.

Now hurry up and set a topic. Something that can fit my story. :-D
Sat 18/12/04 at 21:19
"possibly impossible"
Drum Roll...

The moment you've all been waiting for and, damn, was it hard to choose. It may not be the result you were expecting, it was down to personal taste for the story at the time in the end, but here goes...

3rd - Meka Dragon - Making Shapes
Well, I really loved this story, it was Roald Dahl meets Tim Burton, but it just wasn't enough to clinch the top spot.

2nd - Ashman - Revolving Relationships
Yes, I judged it, even after the closing date (!) and it was pretty damn good too. I loved the way that it was so easy to picture the scene as you read the story and the ending was far more subtle than most stories we get here.

But, there has to be a winner. Today, that winner is....

1st FinalFantasyFanatic - Reflections
Ok, so many people found it confusing and had to read it at least twice, but in a Donnie Darko way. The imagery was flawless and the story was captivating. You just didn't care if you had to read it twice, you wanted to read it twice anyway...

So, well done FFF and good luck with the next one...
Sat 18/12/04 at 17:36
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I think I scared him off!
Sat 18/12/04 at 12:20
Regular
"SOUP!"
tut
Sat 18/12/04 at 02:14
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
A couple more paragraphs, I promise!
Sat 18/12/04 at 01:39
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I'm typing as quick as I can here.

Graaaahhh!
Fri 17/12/04 at 17:05
"possibly impossible"
I'll judge anything that comes in until midnight tonight (or just afterwards if you have to post it late)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.