GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the finding"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/12/04 at 01:28
Regular
"Catch it!"
please could you go on my website and read my story the finding on www.geocities.com/psychostyleworld
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:35
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Haven't read any of the stories, but from the quote Pandaemonium put up made me laugh.

Perhaps I should read them, for amusements sake.
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:23
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Ok here's my honest assessment.

The pictures: They are bad and look like they were drawn by a six year old. I can hardly talk as I cannot draw a thing. But they are still crap.

Grammar... Their are alot of spelling mistakes in this and general errors.'Horriblest' this isn't a word. You shouldn't make up words. You also need to introduce more variety into your sentence structure. The dialogue is in no way innovative. Just big pointless conversations. Just exchange after exchange in a very dull way. It's how I used to write when I was 10. You need to adapt your technique. Doesn't your english teacher tell you this? Surely you write stories occasionally at school and get an opinion? Maybe you should even ask for a teachers opinion on this work. I would say that you would get a D/E grade. Dependant on the teacher obviously. You may even scrape a C. So anyway if you have a genuine interest in writing literature you should seek professional guidance. For better writing skills.

The story: This is either very cliched or you've copied something. Parts of it seem like a cross between max payne and the bourne identity. I've always felt that it's ok to integrate an authors ideas in a way which is familiar yet different. Ie having a similar writing style, yet not copy a story and change characters names. Which, to me, seems like what you have done.

Lastly, are you actually dyslexic?
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Catch it!"
chippxero wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> crossbob wrote:
> do you like my stories?
>
> To be brutally honest, It's crap. Pure crap. Entertaining in a
> "damn, lets see how bad this can get" but still.
> Pure. Unadulterated. Crap.
>
> The artwork is, you guessed it, crap.
>
> See i was trying not to say that. I thought he's probably put a bit
> of time and effort in to it. I'm happy having a go at him for
> spamming and being a tard. But i thought having a go at something he
> has created was a bit to far.
>
> I posted my website address on here and luckly i got some good feed
> back for my 3d animation and how to improve it. But then i have tried
> not to tick everyone off in general everyday by stupid amounts of
> spamming and pointless threads.

No need to be horrible chippxero but my site has had more people then you mine has had 251 and yours has had 60.
Sun 12/12/04 at 17:32
Regular
"Captain to you."
Your totally right about it and i share your views i just tried to be a bit more diplomatic when he asked me why i didn't like it. I give him so much jip in all the other threads. :D
Sun 12/12/04 at 17:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
chippxero wrote:
> See i was trying not to say that. I thought he's probably put a bit
> of time and effort in to it. I'm happy having a go at him for
> spamming and being a tard. But i thought having a go at something he
> has created was a bit to far.

To be honest, this is why I don't frequent the creative writing forum.
I'd upset a lot of people.

He's posting and asking for opinions. I'm giving an opinion. I'm telling it like I see it as I an not going to patronise anyone

"Oh, it's pretty good but....". etc etc.

It's crap. Plain and simple. If he's annoyed with the critisism, and goes away and writes: -

1) Something with a plot,
2) Something well written.

Then I'll be happy.

Christ. Somewhere out there is the next Iain M Banks (I love M Banks, not Banks, M Banks) and if it takes a bit anger at a randon internet comment to get them going, so be it.

If I'd wrote something terrible, I'd rather have someone tell me than live in a f****** fantasy world thinking I'm the next Amis.

> I posted my website address on here and luckly i got some good feed
> back for my 3d animation and how to improve it. But then i have tried
> not to tick everyone off in general everyday by stupid amounts of
> spamming and pointless threads.

Spam sucks.

I'm glad you get the feedback to improve your anims. It's like programming. You can think something is a brilliant routine. Damn, It's taken hours to write, but until someonme points out that it's...... Well...... Crap....... you have to sit back down and re-evaluate.
Sun 12/12/04 at 17:04
Regular
"Captain to you."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> crossbob wrote:
>
> To be brutally honest, It's crap. Pure crap. Entertaining in a
> "damn, lets see how bad this can get" but still.
> Pure. Unadulterated. Crap.
>
> The artwork is, you guessed it, crap.

See i was trying not to say that. I thought he's probably put a bit of time and effort in to it. I'm happy having a go at him for spamming and being a tard. But i thought having a go at something he has created was a bit to far.

I posted my website address on here and luckly i got some good feed back for my 3d animation and how to improve it. But then i have tried not to tick everyone off in general everyday by stupid amounts of spamming and pointless threads.
Sun 12/12/04 at 16:01
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Yup. Drivel.
Sun 12/12/04 at 15:53
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
crossbob wrote:

To be brutally honest, It's crap. Pure crap. Entertaining in a "damn, lets see how bad this can get" but still. Pure. Unadulterated. Crap.

The artwork is, you guessed it, crap.
Sat 11/12/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Catch it!"
ok then!!
Sat 11/12/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
crossbob wrote:
> WHY?

When i read something i like it to entertain me. A good story is a wonderfull thing. It can make you feel something about a character or a place. They describe details that make it come to life. They grip your imagination making you want to read more.

Unfortunatly i just didn't get these from your story.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.