GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF fans"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/12/04 at 15:42
Regular
"dont be jelous"
hears a lil voting thingy

I wanna know wats your fav GF, Summonig beast in all of the series?? mine has got to be Alexander

Place votes now!
Sat 11/12/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
Aye, Sqaull was a cool character. Zell was pretty decent too. I don't think either me or Kibitzer is saying that FFVIII had shoddy characters, simply that IX had better ones.

I mean, Vivi was damn cool. As was Kuja. And Zidane. Tail = cool.
Sat 11/12/04 at 16:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'll freely admit that some of VIII's were a bit under par. Quistis isn't too good at times. Selfie is a bit generic. But Squall was a fantastic character. Compared to a man with a tail, I think he wins hands down.

Oh, and cheers for the potential compliment Kibitzer :)
Sat 11/12/04 at 16:36
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh, FFVIII had decent characters...

But nothing compares to the uberness of IX's.
Sat 11/12/04 at 15:23
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
It was more reasonable for the simple-minded gamer, someone that didn't want to have to spend ages configuring their part and set-up so that they didn't get their asses kicked.

Maybe you just like 8 because you have that extra ounce of intelligence.
Sat 11/12/04 at 15:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I found it effortless to care about the characters of VII and VIII, IX just didn't pull me in emotionally like the previous two did. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I couldn't get into it; I bought it on release and played it from start to finish, and then immediately started it again. It was a nice enough game, and if it wasn't FF I'd probably be shouting its praises. But it just didn't have that same epic quality that the others had, that extra emotional tug. The others seemed to be more than the sum of their parts whereas IX...didn't.

The sum of its parts still adds up to a fine RPG, mind.
Sat 11/12/04 at 14:29
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Then you have no soul.
Sat 11/12/04 at 14:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
For a good storyline you have to care about the characters - in IX I really couldn't have cared less what happened to them.
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:56
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Character empathy?
I have never wanted to punch the tv so hard as when Zell, or Seifer, or Quistis came on the screen.

9 had a magnificent storyline, and the best FMVs I have ever seen in a game, not to mention great equip and levelling up systems.
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
If you love a total lack of character empathy then FFIX is probably the game for you.
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Bicycle"
Kibitzer wrote:
> You really are quite the fool.
> FF9 quite clearly is the best in the series, and 8 is the worst.
> Not difficult to deduce that 9 is better then.

Winnar.

Finally.

FFVII was great, but FFIX was the great-est.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.