GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why PC gaming annoys me sometimes..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 21:46
Regular
Wanted to play Medal of Honor the other day, installed it, went to run it and an error, send error report and that was it, I couldn't play.

I had a look around the net and yes the error was there but no one knew a fix. Tried with and without the patch, some said virus so tried Norton 2005 and AVG, nothing returned. So I decided to do a full system scrap and start again in case this was something bigger than I thought.

So after a full boot I tweaked everything and set it all up the way I had it, installed the game and played it, no error and I could play it. Issue solved.

Since then ABSOLUTELY nothing has been installed or done to it part from looking around the net. I haven't edited the registry etc. Came back to it tonight and EXACTLY the same error.

Went to Microsoft.com as they have a help for this exact error, solution contact EA support. Off I go to contact EA support, "This is a Windows problem, please contact Microsoft". Went back to Microsoft with the response and I was told to go back to EA.

So absolutely no f**ing fix, me really pi**ed off as I have no idea what this error is caused by, all my other games work absolutely fine.

So there we have it, you buy a game full price, it doesn't work and no one can help you with it. Can't even get into the main menu. I wouldn't care but it has sat un-played for so long and I really fancied having a bash on it.

Fantastic stuff, how w**k PC gaming can be at times, or should that be attempted PC gaming...
Fri 24/12/04 at 08:21
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
> Stunned silence, is that really running all 16 pipelines?

Yeah, it is a true X800 XT PE so there was no issue unlocking Pipelines etc. I am sure I would get a hell of a lot more out of the GPU and memory if it wasn't for the clock speed of the CPU and the issue with 4 blocks of XMSXL3200 512mb RAM running at Cas 2. Currently at 12.5 * 215 for CPU. If I leave the FSB at 200 and up the multiplier to 13 it all goes screwy because despite being the same clock speed for some reason it can't handle running 200 * 13.

As I have said before, even at game shows etc I haven't seen games runs as smooth as they do on my PC with everything on full whack. The Raid 0 with the Raptor drives speeds up boot and load times unbelievably so and then the 2GB of the XMSXL just urinates on any games out there.

Tis why I did it, I wanted completely smooth and top draw gaming. Faultless.
Fri 24/12/04 at 01:54
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Past 600 :-D

ON THE CORE???!!!
Fri 24/12/04 at 01:53
"I love yo... lamp."
Past 600 :-D
Fri 24/12/04 at 01:50
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I currently have it at 2.6GHZ running completely fine with a GPU
> clock of 580 and memory 614.

Stunned silence, is that really running all 16 pipelines? Gosh thats quick... If I didn't think that volt modding would kill my card I would to get that (but I've read too many threads talking about killed X800s).

Biggles, you say yours is clocked even higher??
Thu 23/12/04 at 22:58
Regular
The latter console versions.

The original PSONE version was excellent and then it just went utter crap.

Got the Warchest though for £14 which I couldn't resist.
Thu 23/12/04 at 22:56
"I love yo... lamp."
Yeah, although you were talking about the Xbox versions.

Or do you mean the original MOH?
Thu 23/12/04 at 22:44
Regular
I moaned about Medal of Honor?

I currently have it at 2.6GHZ running completely fine with a GPU clock of 580 and memory 614.
Thu 23/12/04 at 22:42
"I love yo... lamp."
You're the one who moaned about how bad Medal Of Honour is. Hypocrite.

Oh and tig... I have a higher clocked GPU than him :-P Don't quite have the CPU to keep up with it though.

What's your CPU clocks these days Ali?
Thu 23/12/04 at 22:41
Regular
It does when you call EA suppor and everyone wants your PC ;)

They have my exact rig as a test setup for all the latest games so they immediatley knew it was Trueform and they were right.

Yes that was a compliment aimed at EA.
Thu 23/12/04 at 22:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You see, doesnt that feeling of satisfaction make it all worthwhile?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.