GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brand New"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/12/04 at 11:46
Regular
Best band ever.
Wed 08/12/04 at 14:22
Regular
I never really took them seriously, I thought they were only good for background music in American Pie. Might start looking into them.
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:44
Regular
I love the new Blink 182, Punk is still there with the likes of Down but Blink has always been intouch with their sensitive side. Adams Song, Stay Together for the Kids, 21 days etc... all show a more mature edge to Blink.

Blink needed to re-invent themselves and they did and their new stuff is great.

Go is a great song expressing Mark's problems with his father, I miss you is a superb dark mix of emotions, feeling this a genius expressive song on sex, Easy target and All of this.... excellent.

I find it hard to think of a "bad" blink song.

I do have flyswatter somewhere. To be fair Tom sounds awful in the older recordings. Truly he does. Especially in Flyswatter. And they've re-recorded most of them far nicer in Buddha and to some degree in Cheshire Cat.
Mon 06/12/04 at 21:03
Regular
I hate burned CDs. Just don't look cool in the collection.

Hey, if you wanted to send me the actual cds themselves..? lol
Mon 06/12/04 at 20:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
do you want to?

I have email, cd burner and stamps.
Mon 06/12/04 at 20:58
Regular
I'm sort of interested in Blink 182, don't own any of their albums yet though.
Mon 06/12/04 at 20:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
I think Blink are the first "punk" band a lot of people listen to, and they help brudge the pop > rock gap - so people like them lotsly.
Mon 06/12/04 at 19:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Jeez, Blink are okay and all, and if you love them, good.

But seriously, other bands do EVERYTHING so much better.
Mon 06/12/04 at 19:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm a big fan of waggy and d*ck lips - both immature punk rock songs, the way punk rock should me.

The new Blink album does show how they've matures, but it's gone somewhat Emoish, which I dont think suits them, especially with their limited simple power-chord guitar abilities. Look at the lyrics to "I miss you" or "always" They've gone Emo. Whilst I do like the new album, and do like Emo, it isn't Blink as you traditionally think of them. Just like when Limp Bizkit made that abomination "results may vary" - it can be seen as a good album (if you like crap albums) but it wasn't good LB.

I haven't heard the entirity of Tom Mark and Travis show, but I've heard Man Overboard and such, they are good showmen no doubt - glad you agree Dude Ranch is the best recorded album. I've got to say I like the "rought punk" as you put it, before it gets all polished and perfect.

I've you can get your hands on a copy of flyswatter (my msn is [email protected]) I recommend it for a really good sample of pre-produced Blink.
Sun 05/12/04 at 23:41
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> I'm also a major fan of Box Car Racer, even though they'll never do
> another album.
>
> It's just a side project, they aren't even a "they"
> anymore.
>
> Plus they were crap, the songs were faceless and generic except
> "there is".

RUBBISH! I'll agree "I Feel So" was way to universal to be brilliant but Cat Like Thief was excellent, Elevator had a dark humour to it and "Letters to God"... what a song... what a truly depressing song about death.

Box Car was supposed to produce a few albums in between Rancid and Blink albums but after it nearly split Blink Tom vowed never to go back. Mark's appearance on Elevator made me question if that was the real reason though.

Dude Ranch best album??? Hmmmm probably their best recorded...

You know it is hard to say, Dude Ranch was an end to the "rough" punk they did and was the best example of it. Their "polished" punk was pretty much perfect first time and TOYPAJ was just that tiny bit better. The new stuff is superb too. It's so hard to say.

Although I did love I'm Sorry, Enthused, Degenerate, A new hope, Josie, Untitled, Boring etc... from said album.
Sun 05/12/04 at 21:00
Regular
"SOUP!"
Dringo wrote:

> Oh, and if you've got the Mark, Tom and TRavis Show and you're
> saying
> that, you'rewrong. Utterly.
>
> Mark, Tom and Travis show is a bit of a lie, Blink don't play that
> good live but it is still their best album. Immensley funny, clever
> and the build up to some of the songs is great. The country song
> (hilarious) leading straight into Dammit is listened over and over
> again on my I-pod, as is Blew Job leading into Untitled. The best
> version of carousel is live and the word changes in Aliens Exist is
> very funny. The album is very good and is the only way you can hear
> the fantastic hit Man Overboard.

Really Dringo, I'm begining to think you're on the E-Street Team or something. Dude Ranch is the best album too, if you disagree with me then you're wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.