GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battery life the truth"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Just thought you mis-informed Ninty fanboys might like to nip over to
IGN psp and find out the real battery life details rather than the 90min horror stories you have been spouting out.
Tue 21/12/04 at 15:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
EVerythoing on DSIGN basically compaed the DS to the PSP.

Hell, even most replies in the mailbags seem to suggest a bit of payola by Sony.
Tue 21/12/04 at 15:29
Regular
"and PC user"
gerrid wrote:
> Many people have been criticising IGNPSP for sugar coating their PSP
> articles and skirting over the truths about the handhelds. They
> always give things a positive slant, e.g 3hrs battery life being an
> acceptable number, when, really, it isnt.
> Compare that with IGNDS who slate most of the DS games and really
> aren't that positive at all.

Or maybe its not what Nintendo fans want to hear. BUT - EVEN I DOUBT THATS IT. I always read reviews with a pinch of salt - and not just for games. Its only someones opinion at the end of the day. And you have to ask, what are they comparing it to? After reading much about cars over the years, the same thing about "how accurate is a review" can be said in regards to those. I expect similar is true of HIFI, TV, Microwave reviews - the lot. Put it this way, if you only like "PC" games, you may not like console stuff very much - shouts of "where's my keyboard & mouse gone" spring to mind. Same with cars. If you always drive fast cars like the DB9, what will you think of the performance of the 1.6 Fiesta? And yet, both are fine in their own right.
Tue 21/12/04 at 15:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Many people have been criticising IGNPSP for sugar coating their PSP articles and skirting over the truths about the handhelds. They always give things a positive slant, e.g 3hrs battery life being an acceptable number, when, really, it isnt.
Compare that with IGNDS who slate most of the DS games and really aren't that positive at all.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:14
Regular
Well they say things like we tested the MP3 player but we didn't use the screen.

What????
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:09
Regular
Ahaha

It's funny in itself, but then when you factor in that IGN have been lying about the PSP..
Tue 21/12/04 at 12:53
Regular
What that is terrible! 3 and a half hours battery life for Ridge Racer and Wi-Fi just 2 and a half hours.

That's chronic. That's terrible. That's one play then re-charge.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Except playing a CD is slightly less intensive than playing GT4.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:34
Regular
"and PC user"
I have an "old" CD/AM/FM Sony Discman. It runs on just 2 AA batteries, and lasts for many hours in "CD Playback".

I know its not a PSP, but it shows that Sony do know a thing about battery life.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:25
Regular
I don't think anyone here really cares.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Could I give a sh*t any less?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.