GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battery life the truth"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Just thought you mis-informed Ninty fanboys might like to nip over to
IGN psp and find out the real battery life details rather than the 90min horror stories you have been spouting out.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:57
Regular
The PSP's life span is appalling, the fact the PSP didn't totally sell out in its first week and was outsold by the DS shows something.

It shows nothing really, but what it does show is that the PSP won't be "crushing" the DS after all.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:54
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> 3.5 hours for a battery hungry game like Ridge Racer is not bad. Lets
> face it, can you see your self playing Ridge Racer for 3.5 hours in
> one go, on a hand held system? No. Other games will use less battery
> anyway.

So you have to re-charge EVERYTIME you want to want to play it again.

A Gameboy would be a good hour or so a day gamings or a full car journey before needing to re-charge.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:23
Regular
God! you 2 really never give up, do you?

You're like floaters that won't flush.

Go back to painting your Warhammer figures or what ever it is you freaks do in your spare time.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:02
Regular
"and PC user"
...and not forgetting the N64. Nintendo no longer lead the home console market due that one.
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:51
Regular
gaybys wrote:
> I have an mp3 player for mp3s.
> And it holds way more songs than the PSP (or the DS), and the battery
> life is a lot longer. A lot longer.

That is nice for you what I am trying to say is though, products today are expected to have these features peoples expectations and demands have change and if you don't move with the times then you get left behind (GC and DS).
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:47
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> "umm, no"

Quality debate as usual, try broadening your horizons and visiting the websites of grown ups who can actually afford them, and you will find out it is 'ummm yes'.

The owner of the import shop I visit is so impressed by Ridge Racers he's offering £400 plus to anybody who can get him one before christmas, lol. eBay prices have gone ridiculous. Personally, I can wait...
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:47
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I have an mp3 player for mp3s.
And it holds way more songs than the PSP (or the DS), and the battery life is a lot longer. A lot longer.
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:34
Regular
Funny how people wont fork out for an extra battery for £50 for their PSP.

Does that mean DS owners will fork out their extra £50 so they can play mp3, movies and mpegs using the panasonic cartridge device.

By the way those features above are standard on a psp.
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:33
Regular
You're a bit screwed if you take your PSP on an 8 hour flight and want to be entertained by watching films, listening to music or playing games.
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:29
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> umm, no
>
>
>
> And I'm willing to bet it takes at least 2 hours to charge the
> battery anyway.

You're point being.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.