GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I-pod mini opinions?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/11/04 at 23:37
Regular
"Touched!"
Just wondering what people thought of these? Pro's and Cons? Also I hear that you can get a student discount on them if you order it from within the Uni network, any idea how much I would save as they go for £179 currently. Also are the albums much cheaper off i-tunes or whatever, I'm new to this but I'll be using the bus a lot more now so I need some music to listen to!

Cheers.
Mon 29/11/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I'd definitely go for the creative zen touch. Its really nice and a snip at £179.99. It is 20gb like the ipod. But way cheaper. Anyway, I've heard that ipods can be quite unreliable. Also I know someone that has a zen touch and they thinks its marvelous. PLus in the lastest stuff magazine they claim that its better than the ipod. For my money i'd say that it was.
Mon 29/11/04 at 16:34
Regular
"\\"
The price I can remember is £164.... It's not much cheaper... But it's still better :D

I'll go check that price though.

[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG6127_mp3_player__creati.html[/URL]

Seem to have gone down in price... Yay.
Mon 29/11/04 at 16:32
Regular
How much?
Mon 29/11/04 at 16:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> However I'd go with a Creative Labs Muvo2. 4gb, longer
> battery, cheaper.

Yeah, they're awesome.
Mon 29/11/04 at 16:28
Regular
"\\"
They're a kind of middle product moron. Some people want more than 40 songs with them, while don't quite need enough for 10000 songs.

However I'd go with a Creative Labs Muvo2. 4gb, longer battery, cheaper.
Mon 29/11/04 at 13:39
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont see the point of them. They have too much storage and cost too much to be considered a small cheap MP3 player. But the storage is far smaller than a full size one. If I wanted to store loads of songs on an MP3 player i'd get a full size one so i could store all of my songs.

On the other hand if i only wanted a few songs to kill some time on the bus etc. I'd get a USB pen drive MP3 player (In fact thats what I did).

To sumarise, I just dont 'get' them.
Mon 29/11/04 at 09:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The iPod Mini is nice and dinky, but you can get a standard iPod with 5 times as much space for £40 more. Still, I like the Mini myself and I think I'll get one if they increase the capacity, which they're expected to do sometime before February (probably to 6Gb).

I don't know how much discount you'll get being a student but I can tell you that albums off iTunes cost £7.99 each with single tracks (under 10 minutes in length) are 79p. Double albums are obviously more
Sun 28/11/04 at 23:37
Regular
"Touched!"
Just wondering what people thought of these? Pro's and Cons? Also I hear that you can get a student discount on them if you order it from within the Uni network, any idea how much I would save as they go for £179 currently. Also are the albums much cheaper off i-tunes or whatever, I'm new to this but I'll be using the bus a lot more now so I need some music to listen to!

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.