GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 Player"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
Friend of mine wants a portable MP3 player but doesn't want to go above £100. At that price I assume we're looking at a flash based one but I'm not particularly clued up on it all.

If you guys could recommend a few good ones that fit the description, and maybe even a run down of the pros and cons that set some apart from the others I'd very much appreciate it - as I say, I'm a bit of a rookie to the subject.
Sun 28/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
Friend of mine wants a portable MP3 player but doesn't want to go above £100. At that price I assume we're looking at a flash based one but I'm not particularly clued up on it all.

If you guys could recommend a few good ones that fit the description, and maybe even a run down of the pros and cons that set some apart from the others I'd very much appreciate it - as I say, I'm a bit of a rookie to the subject.
Sun 28/11/04 at 19:05
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive got one of these only mine is the 128MB version.

[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG6168_mp3_player__sumvis.html[/URL]

seen as he can go upto 100 he might as well get this version that is bigger.

It couldnt fault it at all. I can store loads of songs on mine and this one is much bigger. I use rechargable batteries for it and i charge them about once a week. Plus you can use it as a pen drive to tranport data.
Sun 28/11/04 at 19:54
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Ohh that one looks good. I might get one soon. Money dependant...
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:02
Regular
"lets go back"
I think the same company have just released a similar one that has a radio too. Dont know much about it, just thought id let you know.
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I wish they'd release one wiv DAB radio. I think their are a few but they're more than 100 quid.
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:25
Regular
What is the sound quality like on it? Is it jog free too?

I'm looking for a new MP3 Player since my iPod broke.

How do you transfer songs?
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:30
Regular
"lets go back"
Its got decent sound quality. Ive never owned an iPod or anything like it so i cant really compare properly but the sound is definitely good enough.

Transfering songs on to it is really easy. Its a USB pen drive so you simply plug it in and it pops up in "my computer" as another drive. You just drag and drop (or copy and past etc) the songs you want on it. simple as that.

Edit:- jog free? well ive never been joging with it. but its never skipped while walking quickly.

Its got no moving parts like all MP3 players to they dont usually skip, do they?
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:32
Regular
How many songs do you have on your 128MB one? I'm thinking about that one but it depends how mnay songs it can hold.
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:41
Regular
"lets go back"
i never fill it. I just usually put one album on then leave space cos I use it to transfere data on it too.

If you say that the average MP3 is about 3.5 MB then you could get about 35 songs on it. It all really depends on the size of your files.
Sun 28/11/04 at 20:45
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive just tried to put as many songs on as i can. It got to 32 and ran out of space. So I would say approx 30 songs depending on size etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.