GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 Player"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
Friend of mine wants a portable MP3 player but doesn't want to go above £100. At that price I assume we're looking at a flash based one but I'm not particularly clued up on it all.

If you guys could recommend a few good ones that fit the description, and maybe even a run down of the pros and cons that set some apart from the others I'd very much appreciate it - as I say, I'm a bit of a rookie to the subject.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:22
"possibly impossible"
A$H wrote:
> That Ebuyer site is quite good, they've got some really cheap MP3s on
> their site.
>
> A question : Why can you store more WMA files than MP3 files? Are MP3
> files better than WMA or something?
>

WMA have a higher compression rate than MP3, so you can store the same quality music in a smaller space. Think of it as being similar to Zipping a file with Winzip. So, in other words, go for something that supports WMA as well as MP3.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
WMA is a smaller format.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:23
Regular
"\\"
The files are smaller?

Was it really that unobvious?
Regular
"\\"
Well I didn't think I took that long to reply :S
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
There's no actual limit to how much you can store, gayby.
I've told you this before.

It's all about capacity.

a 5mb wma will take up exactly the same amount of space as a 5mb mp3.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:30
Regular
gaybys wrote:
> There's no actual limit to how much you can store, gayby.
> I've told you this before.

Why are you talking to yourself?

;D

Anyway, I might ask my mum to put some money towards getting me one so I can go for a more expensive MP3 Player, maybe the Zen.

I like the idea of Drag and Drop because it's easy and simple but does the Zen let you do that or do you have to install software?

I've just asked my mu how much she'll put towards my MP3 Player and she said £100 so add that to my £50 and kaboom, that makes a massive £150 to buy a Zen.

Have I got enough?

EDIT | I've just checked SR's site and it's £180.

:(
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:36
Regular
"\\"
If it's anything like the Muvo2, then yes, it's drag and drop. And considering they're made by the same company, I'd say it's likely.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:41
Regular
I've told my mum how much it is and shes not sure, she isn't gonna be paying for all of it though, my dad will too and I dont think he'll say yes.

Hes already p!ssed off about my iPod breaking.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
A$H wrote:

> Have I got enough?

The simple fact that you managed to BREAK AN iPod suggests that you really shouldn't go near mp3 players for AT LEAST 3 years.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:55
Regular
I've changed my mind, i'm gonna go for the Creative Movo 2 4GB because 1) It's smaller 2) Zen looks a bit like a brick 3) Cheaper 4) I dont really need 8000 songs, 2100 is enough.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.