GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well done Nintendo..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario 64 DS'.
Wed 22/12/04 at 11:26
Regular
On ruining one of the best games ever.
Wed 22/12/04 at 17:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
From the 30 minutes I had on the DS, the thumb-strap and the stylus are two completely different control styles.
Wed 22/12/04 at 17:03
Regular
That sounds promising, does the thumbstrap really make all the difference?
Wed 22/12/04 at 17:02
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Its near impossible using the stylus. I find with the thumbstrap its a doddle. It took me about an hour and then the controls pretty much became second nature.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:54
Regular
Tried using the stylus, doesn't work at all. It's fun, but the control system is seriously flawed. It would have much better if they just updated the graphics and shoved it on the Cube.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:44
Regular
Are you using the stylus.

I've heard it does take a lot of getting used too.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:05
Regular
Where did you get that idea from you stupid f***ing retard?
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:59
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> I didn't say it was hard, I said the controls are crap. Which they
> are. Mario 64 was easy to control, so you jump around liek a stylish
> maniac without any problems.
>
> You can't on this, because it's gay and stupid.

I thought every Nintendo game was the best game ever.
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:56
Regular
Why don't you use the stylus then afterall that is innovative and much easier to use than a analogue control.
Wed 22/12/04 at 14:50
Regular
45min-hour.

Some parts are good, but the controls are still crap. Getting the top of whomp's fortress, for example, is a complete pain in ass due to the lack of analogue control. The game decided it would be a good idea to keep going after you've stopped pressing whichever direction you want to go if sprinting. It just seems like a mistake, I've always been worried it could tarnish one of my favourite games, and it looks like it has.

I just don't see the point in playing it when I could be having a lot more fun playing the same game with much better controls and no annoying camera problems. Oh, it has a few extra crappy levels and mini-games. Big deal.

I'll give multiplayer a go soon, but I can't see it soothing my loathing for single player.
Wed 22/12/04 at 13:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rickoss wrote:
> I didn't say it was hard, I said the controls are crap. Which they
> are. Mario 64 was easy to control, so you jump around liek a stylish
> maniac without any problems.
>
> You can't on this, because it's gay and stupid.

The controls take getting used to but they seem fine for me now. How long have you played the game for?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.