GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game of 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/12/04 at 11:35
Regular
To be honest there's been a lot of decent releases on the Gamecube this year.

Nintendo's finest efforts have come in the form of Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario 2. Pikmin 2 is near pin point perfection in everway, a purly addictive and well structured stratagy title which everyone should own whilst Paper Mario 2 is one of the finest RPG's since Pokemon.

Ubi-Soft have published Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia this year and they all deserve a mention (especially the former) and they also published Harvest Moon, one of the most refreshing games this year (Whether you agree or not). Pacman Vs., although not a full game, should get a mention also.

But my game of the year goes to Free Radical Design's Second Sight. Not only fresher than Nintendo's superb sequels but in terms of pure freedom and fun it kicks even Ubi-Soft's master duo to the curb.

Excellent graphics, stunning story, original physics and in fact probably the greatest game released this year.

What is yours?
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:35
Regular
To be honest there's been a lot of decent releases on the Gamecube this year.

Nintendo's finest efforts have come in the form of Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario 2. Pikmin 2 is near pin point perfection in everway, a purly addictive and well structured stratagy title which everyone should own whilst Paper Mario 2 is one of the finest RPG's since Pokemon.

Ubi-Soft have published Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia this year and they all deserve a mention (especially the former) and they also published Harvest Moon, one of the most refreshing games this year (Whether you agree or not). Pacman Vs., although not a full game, should get a mention also.

But my game of the year goes to Free Radical Design's Second Sight. Not only fresher than Nintendo's superb sequels but in terms of pure freedom and fun it kicks even Ubi-Soft's master duo to the curb.

Excellent graphics, stunning story, original physics and in fact probably the greatest game released this year.

What is yours?
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'll make a decision when I truly can - when the year has actually ended
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
What the hell are "original physics"?

Second Sight was great but it was a little too short and easy to be called a classic. It was fantastic though and possibly my 3rd best game of the year, or something. Metroid Prime 2 is clearly the game of the year, though.
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:50
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Metroid Prime 2
I would have thought this would be known. ;)
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:54
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> I'll make a decision when I truly can - when the year has actually
> ended

Yeah I forgot, there are loads of Gamecube games coming out next week...

Oh wait there isn't ANY!
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:56
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Oh wait, I'm getting a DS for Christmas and I still have a wekk left to play the rest of Paper Mario 2 to complete as well as playing Prince of Persia.
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:57
Regular
Alright then, don't waste time replying then.
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But the games have all been released and you've had time to play them all - so it's a good time for a BEST OF. Just because you're too lazy to play your games doesnt invalidate this topic. What does, however, is that there are already several others.
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:58
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> What the hell are "original physics"?
>
> Second Sight was great but it was a little too short and easy to be
> called a classic.

I finish Goldeneye much quicker, is that too easy then?

I loved the game, was my favourite game of the year.
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But goldeneye was infinitely replayable - Second Sight isn't. It was a great game, like I said, but it was just a bit easy. A lot of fun, but easy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.