GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game of 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/12/04 at 11:35
Regular
To be honest there's been a lot of decent releases on the Gamecube this year.

Nintendo's finest efforts have come in the form of Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario 2. Pikmin 2 is near pin point perfection in everway, a purly addictive and well structured stratagy title which everyone should own whilst Paper Mario 2 is one of the finest RPG's since Pokemon.

Ubi-Soft have published Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia this year and they all deserve a mention (especially the former) and they also published Harvest Moon, one of the most refreshing games this year (Whether you agree or not). Pacman Vs., although not a full game, should get a mention also.

But my game of the year goes to Free Radical Design's Second Sight. Not only fresher than Nintendo's superb sequels but in terms of pure freedom and fun it kicks even Ubi-Soft's master duo to the curb.

Excellent graphics, stunning story, original physics and in fact probably the greatest game released this year.

What is yours?
Mon 27/12/04 at 00:01
Regular
"8==="
Second sight was good for the 15 quid i paid for it, along with the 15 quid I paid for psi-ops and the 10 quid I paid for kotor. If I'd have paid full price for anyone of them I'd have been dissapointed.

Then again I'm only really paying fullprice for online titles nowadays.
Sun 26/12/04 at 22:13
Regular
First sight??? That was terrible tilt, truly.

Second Sight was a deliberate single player game with a deliberate complex storyboarded plot and everything. The creation of the game that took nearly 2 years taught Second Sight how to tell a story in game form and they are using the experience from that game in Timesplitters 3.

Second Sight was so much fun, I loved it all and it was just so full of everything. You could tell it was made by the Goldeneye designer.
Sun 26/12/04 at 22:07
Regular
I never really saw the big whoop in Second Sight, was good but not amazing. Free Radical would have been better off allocating their time to the single player in TPS3, it's not like First Sight sold by the bucketload.

Cube game of the year for me would be Pikmin 2, there's no contest really. It's genius from start to finish, pure Ninty magic and the reason why I bought my Cube in the first place.

Let's have a bit more of this in 2005 please.
Sun 26/12/04 at 21:54
Regular
I haven't jumped the gun after 2 levels like I did with Viewtiful Joe and Crystal Chronicles.

I've actually finished it.

Over all Pikmin 2 is a far better title. But my game of the year is Second Sight. It makes sense in the head of Dringo.
Sun 26/12/04 at 21:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dringo is going to say in some post at some point in the future that Second Sight was in fact a bit crap......
Sun 26/12/04 at 20:20
Regular
"kill my enemys"
i think metroid prime 2 echoes is a very good game! also animal crossing
Sun 26/12/04 at 17:06
Regular
Up to the Ice Temple thingy yet? There's a seriously evil puzzle on that, had me screaming for ages trying to figure it out, then it turned out to be simple, just very deceiving. Perhaps my favourite Zelda game behind the N64 titles.

Perhaps.
Sun 26/12/04 at 14:36
Regular
'Tis outstanding.
Sun 26/12/04 at 14:31
Regular
Minish Cap is a superb game, far better than most 2D Zelda's, far more "pick up and play".
Sun 26/12/04 at 10:38
Regular
At the moment, it could well be Minish Cap. It's just... excellent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.