GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This Is Beyond A Joke"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Sat 25/12/04 at 15:14
Regular
So, Father Christmas gave me a copy of Metroid Prime 2:Echoes this morning.

Well.

As you may have heard me mention once or twice, my Gamecube doesn't work properly, but usually is fine.

Well.
I start up MP2, watch the opening sequence as Samus lands her ship on Aether.
Before I start playing "Fizzz crash buirn. AutoReseted"

I Hate The GC.
Tue 28/12/04 at 13:53
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Ok munn here's what you do:

1) Find a shop that offers refunds for faulty goods and not only replacements
2) Buy a (new) GC the same colour as yours
3) Come back the next day complaining the GC you bought was faulty, bringing with you your broken GC
4) Go home happily knowing that you have a working GC, and also that you've made a profit, since you got the value of a new GC and not a second hand one.

Fin.
Tue 28/12/04 at 14:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I got caught doing that with controllers once.

Ahar, cheapskate AJ.
Tue 28/12/04 at 14:14
Regular
gaybys wrote:
> Plan

Genius.
Tue 28/12/04 at 14:30
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> yeah but they ask for ID with your address on it. So, like I say, good
> luck.

Well, then, that's me screwed.

I'vethought of trying gaybys' plan many many times, but I don't know anywhere that does offer refunds.

I think my dad's getting me a new one anyway.
He was determined to fix it himself, but he took one look at the gamebit screws and, after messing around with it a lot, he got his screwdriver stuck in it.
So I think he'll get me a new one.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:06
Regular
Ooooh, 40 pounhds from a certain "Lithuanian house designer" shop place.

Unfortunately out of stock in all of their stores, but I'll order it from the internnet, if my dad comes home that is.
Tue 28/12/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Sibs wrote:
> HMV workers really don't seem to care.
>
> Put yourself in their position, make a quick exchange with the
> customer, or go and make a fuss to the manager about it.

Hey, I'm not saying its bad that they don't care, hell if I was working for some crappy chain like HMV I certainly wouldn't give a rats buttocks where the game/CD/DVD came from, it'd be coming out of HMVs profits after all.
Tue 28/12/04 at 21:58
Regular
From the point of the shop - they have to send the product back to the publisher to get their money back if an item is supposedly faulty.

If the product isn't of the same condition it was sold in, shops don't tend to take them back.

Not that I care - I don't work for any videogame retailers now (and haven't for a good 4 months now).

The shops that open the games and keep them in draws can't complain when they tightly pack the discs in drawers. You often find a line where the disc has stuck out of the manual, and where the disc has been squashed in there a long time, you often find scratches.

I've worked for two of the culprits so far. I couldn't care less if both of them get stuck with goods that they can't return to the publishers.

So happy dodgy dealings :D
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:01
Regular
I'm buying a new one anyway.
40 quid I found it for.
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:08
Regular
Trade the old one in at your local videogames retailer and put it towards a game of some kind. You could always say it was an unwanted present. Or you're trading it in because you got a new one.

Unless there's major physical damage to the outside, it'll be their problem not yours.

Just don't use a loyalty card...they don't really check the paper records where you fill in your name and address. Head office don't see them for months. (That is, so long as you're doing it at a retailer that isn't Special Reserve...)
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:31
Regular
The nearest SPecial Reserve is about 200 miles away.

I'll do it at Gamestation in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow.

I applied for a parttime job there in August, they told me they'd inform me within a week.
14 days later, I phone to see what's going on, they say, wait another week.

That was August.

Erm, still waiting......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.