GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*OFFICIAL* HALF-LIFE 2 THREAD"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 18:35
Regular
Well there already seems to be quite a few Half-Life 2 threads cluttering up the PC Forum and I have no idea how many more will be made after the game gets released. So, I made this thread which can be used to talk about everything that is Half-Life 2 related and I hope you will all use it instead of making a thread for every problem/query you have.
So if you have any questions, links, general info about the game or you need help after its release tommorow, please use this thread :)
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm getting it nowwww..

How much is $59?
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
IT'S OUT TODAY?????

*dashes to shops*
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:43
Regular
"\\"
I tried playing the original last night actually. Got a little bored, but it was good. But this... this is amazing.
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've played it for the past three hours, excellent game, exactly how I'd wanted it to play. The physics engine is used brilliantly, Valve even tie it in to some of the puzzles which is workd of sheer brilliance. The Source engine is by far one of the most impressive looking game engines I've seen, those face expressions are almost lifelike in their movement.

A quick break, a look see at HL: Source and I'll jump back in. Like the orignal it's one of those game that just keeps pulling you in.
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:38
Regular
"\\"
*explodes*

My god this is a good game. I spent nearly three hours on it straight, and it seemed little more than half an hour.

Shame I have to have it all on low settings for it to work properly. But it's still bloody brilliant.
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
New plan:
I'm going to get it this afternoon in a semi-free period.

Hope they still have some copies of it left...

Pandaemonium wrote:
> I bet that if you simply open the hardcopy case, and register the key
> without doing anything else, it'll let you download HL2 via steam.

I'll try that and let you know.
Tue 16/11/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hmm, the fact that HL2 requires a steam account and registering suggests to me that the program will not be a normal install. I.e. "where do you want to install the product." It'll be fully steam integrated.

I bet that if you simply open the hardcopy case, and register the key without doing anything else, it'll let you download HL2 via steam.
Tue 16/11/04 at 10:16
Regular
"^_^"
I dont think it does. But they havent been released anyway, so maybe when they do come out, you can downlaod them. I'm not sure. I'll check in a minute when its finnished doing its steam thing.
Tue 16/11/04 at 10:13
Regular
Does the store-bought version include HL:Source and DoD:Source? It says on the box it includes CS:Source, but I'm not sure about the other 2.

£35. I didn't buy it in case it didn't have the above mentioned.
Tue 16/11/04 at 10:10
Regular
"^_^"
Installing now. ooo excited :D

Shame i gotta goto College at 11

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.