GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life Goals"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/11/04 at 23:00
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I don't know if this has been done before, but I never really considered these an importance to me, until I thought to myself:

"Why am I living for tomorrow?"

This then led to the conclusion that I must be living to reach something better than what I have, or to achieve something. I now consider them quite important, because they are not only something to aim for, or look forward to, but a way of looking at the things I like and something that I should take advantage of, as I'm pretty sure we only get one shot at life, before an eternity of non-existence.

I'm sure I'm taking this all too seriously, but here are mine:

- Visit all continents atleast once each
- Speak 20 languages
- Be a good father and stay part of a happy family
- Never do something I'd regret for the rest of my life

Some more achievable than others, but all are something to aim for.

You?
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Black Glove wrote:
> No idea.
> No wait. I have ambition for today - to max it, not in a frivolous
> way, but in just making 'now' count. Life can be taken away in an
> instant - so irretrievably - and suddenly tomorrow is worthless. So
> my life goal is to do what I wanna do - today.
> Hm. Sleaze.

Jees. How cliched can you get?
:)

The one thing I'd say is that it's very unrealistic to live everyday to the max, cos there are so many obstacles that have to be dealt with in day to day life.

Besides, ignoring the future can mean an unhappy present.
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:19
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Grix Thraves wrote:

> I'd really, really, really love to run a cinema, something
> independent to all those chain things, just one in a town. It's
> really one of the only businesses I could ever enjoy running, and
> feel good for doing so.
> I'd love to help run a music shop too to be honest, but I think it'd
> be so hard as I doubt many people would shop there. Damn online
> interthingamajogs.

I think they're pretty cool. I have the same kinda idea for my ideal job.

> Other than that, I'd also love to finish writing a children's book.
> Adult books are.. well, for me at least, writing for children has so
> much more depth to it.

Good luck.

> Other than that? Just be happy with who I am. >
> Oh, and also, just take everything life throws at you with as little
> stress as possible. Staying relaxed about life is very important, I
> think.

I have great problems with these 2, so they would be nice. But I'll leave it to time, luck , experience and a small amount of personal effort and changes to solve that problem.
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:16
Regular
"The Red Shift"
JFH wrote:
> 20 languages is almost impossible if you want to be able to speak them
> fluently. You'd never be able to do it and if you did you'd probably
> make it in to Guiness World Records. 20! I've been learning french
> for 4 years and I'm still no where near fluent so I could never get
> up to that many but maybe languages flow naturally for you.

I don't need it to be fluent. Just conversational and give me the ability to relate.

Languages fascinate me. I'm not sure why, but they just do. I don't want people to respect me for it, just have the ability to use them.

20 is a bit ambitious (:D) but the higher I aim, the more I will strive for.

In answer to Cyclone, I wouldn't intend to learn at night classes. I'd be an autodidact or learn on site in another country.
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:12
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Fozz wrote:
> Why do I keep living? I CANT DIE!!! (jumps off tall building but just
> bounces)
>
> aah. well I dont have similar goals as such. I really like helping
> people..lol..and money isnt that important to me,

However, money dictates everyone's life. So it may not be important, but it has a huge effect. I stress that I don't think financial security means personal security, though.

> Id love to contribute to society in some way, through a new
> gaming revolution, or social transition, not that I could really
> influence that.

I was thinking one that I'd like to add is:

Do something which means a large amount of people remember me after I'm dead.
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:09
Regular
"The Red Shift"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Why do I continue living?

> Christmas

You must be pretty God damn happy about now then.
:D
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Cyclone wrote:
> 20 languages?
>
> Good luck.
>
> More to the point, why learn 20 languages? It's a high number related
> to something difficult, so worthy of a 'life goal' badge?

I feel that communication is the key to having a happy life. Talking to people is vital and listening to music would be meaningless if it wasn't accompanied by words, lyrics or a story.

It would come in handy with the continents thing, too.
;)

> Just do something you want to do, rather than work in an
> office and then save up for months for some paltry visit to each
> continent

Without visiting places all around the world, I miss out on so many experiences and culture and more importantly, I don't actually know the world I'm living on. Pictures and written words only go so far...

and have evening classes in languages.

> Because the world is a far more interesting place to be than anywhere
> else.

How do you know there isn't Heaven after life? To die is the only way to find out, so why live. Besides you won't be dissapointed if there isn't heaven, because you won't have a thought as you're purely dead.
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:04
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Ms NY wrote:

> All of your goals are interesting, by the way! All optimistic. :)

Thanks, I tried to take myself as seriously as possible, because it would inevitably produce more interesting things than "Get RICH!1!!!1!"
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Laughingstock"
No idea.
No wait. I have ambition for today - to max it, not in a frivolous way, but in just making 'now' count. Life can be taken away in an instant - so irretrievably - and suddenly tomorrow is worthless. So my life goal is to do what I wanna do - today.
Hm. Sleaze.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:37
Regular
Clazon wrote:

"Never do something I'd regret for the rest of my life"

It's better to regret something you did, than something you didn't do. Red Hot Chilli Peppers' song told me that.

I'd really, really, really love to run a cinema, something independent to all those chain things, just one in a town. It's really one of the only businesses I could ever enjoy running, and feel good for doing so.

I'd love to help run a music shop too to be honest, but I think it'd be so hard as I doubt many people would shop there. Damn online interthingamajogs.

Other than that, I'd also love to finish writing a children's book. Adult books are.. well, for me at least, writing for children has so much more depth to it.

And for the moment, I want to go study either animation production or film production, I don't know which. I want to do animation really, but I don't have the artistic talent and I'm finding it hard to draw. Oh well, life drawing classes will hopefully help with that.

Must apply with UCAS soon too. I need to get a reference, I may as well just write my own.

Other than that? Just be happy with who I am. I'd like to meet someone who was cute and squishy to spend lots of time with. Lots of friends too, that's always good.

I suppose in many ways I'm much less confused than I used to be. Such horrible hard goals I set myself. Oh well, gotta be done.

Oh, and also, just take everything life throws at you with as little stress as possible. Staying relaxed about life is very important, I think.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:08
Regular
nah look up the record, some guys was fluent in way more than that, think it was 40+ he wasn't fluent in all the following languages but he addressed the UN in some obscene number of lanuages

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.