GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't "get" Little Britain..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/11/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's like watching a covers band play Top of the Pops. I only really saw the first series, but it was enough to know they ripped off almost every major British sitcom over the last 30-odd years. The League of Gentlemen should sue them for nicking half the characters!

The only way I can think of it is as an archive for what we're told are the funniest sketches on those awful 'top 100 whatever' shows. Crap. The most cutting edge it gets is having a gay character - what the hell, is it the 80's again? Is Kenny Everett back from the dead?
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's like watching a covers band play Top of the Pops. I only really saw the first series, but it was enough to know they ripped off almost every major British sitcom over the last 30-odd years. The League of Gentlemen should sue them for nicking half the characters!

The only way I can think of it is as an archive for what we're told are the funniest sketches on those awful 'top 100 whatever' shows. Crap. The most cutting edge it gets is having a gay character - what the hell, is it the 80's again? Is Kenny Everett back from the dead?
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:32
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
There's just no accounting for taste...
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think it's very over-rated but can kill half an hour.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:41
Regular
I think it's great. No where near as good as League of Gentlemen, but nothing is.
Fri 12/11/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
I'm glad to see that im not the only one. But then again ive never watched it
Fri 12/11/04 at 17:30
Regular
"SOUP!"
Its not laugh-out-loud comedy, its more quote-in-the-pub comedy.

I bought the series one dvd, but promptly sold it because it isn't as good as I remembered.

Peep show tonight, THAT is funny.
Fri 12/11/04 at 18:47
Regular
Exactly.
Little Britain is pretty terrible really, but it's good to quote from.

"I want that one!"
Fri 12/11/04 at 19:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's a very over-rated programme. Its first series on BBC2 got ratings equalling those expected of Alan Partridge and The Office. And the show is basically the same six or so jokes each episode.
Fri 12/11/04 at 19:42
Regular
I'm not a big fan of little britain. not sure why it got such a following.
Fri 12/11/04 at 20:05
"period drama"
Paradox: wrote:
> Peep show tonight, THAT is funny.

yey

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.