GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 19:07
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
ok give me some good reasons why i should get a gamecube???
I love my xbox but at the same time i feel that another console would be good. I had a PS2 and think its the most overratted console ever made.
So please give me some reasons to get one...oh but i hate Zelda so dont waste your time there.
Wed 29/12/04 at 16:09
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I think most Nintendo fans would agree that games such as Pikmin,
> Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pokemon etc... have something distinctly
> similar about them. One is an adventure, one is an RPG, one is a
> stratagy and one is a platformer yet they aren't completley
> seperate.

They are all brilliantly made and extremely playable games, but other than the Nintendo logos on the box, there the similarity between them ends.
Wed 29/12/04 at 14:21
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> No but Zelda personifies Nintendo games and you get a Gamecube for
> Nintendo games. So if you don't like Zelda you probably won't like
> games such as Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and the such like.
>
> That's utter crap, even from you.
>
>
> Zelda, Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime are 3 games that have nothing
> in common except they were published by the same company for the same
> console.

If you think that 3 games made by the same company is nothing alike then I am in shock. Perhaps Metroid Prime's similarity isn't initially realised but Mario and Zelda are both connected... one maybe more epic and the other slightly silly but they both have that exploration fun factor that Nintendo implement in all their games.

I think most Nintendo fans would agree that games such as Pikmin, Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pokemon etc... have something distinctly similar about them. One is an adventure, one is an RPG, one is a stratagy and one is a platformer yet they aren't completley seperate.

If you fail to see it then I'm frankly dissapointed.
Wed 29/12/04 at 11:19
Regular
"0228"
Crumble wrote:
> Right, first off, if you live anywhere near me or JFH, don't bother
> getting a Cube, because you will be sworn at by PS2 nutheads

It's scary because it's true. Mario Kart is fairly respectable though and it is possible to convince those crazy 'nutheads' to play it and the same can be said for SSBM. If you buy Mario Sunshine, Donkey Konga or Animal Crossing then I recommend that you hide them in a deep, dark cupboard.
Wed 29/12/04 at 11:07
Regular
Okay, convincing thebestbit to get a Cube...

Right, first off, if you live anywhere near me or JFH, don't bother getting a Cube, because you will be sworn at by PS2 nutheads, tied to trees by PS2 nutheads and set alight by PS2 nutheads. Luckily for me, I whip their PS2 butts using my John Vattic powers. Go me!

However, if you don't live near me or JFH, then I most certainly recommend you get a Cube. You don't like Zelda, and I respect your opinion on that because although it's one of, if not 'the' greatest gaming franchise ever, nothing is perfect. But, you should get a Cube because:

You will get to play the awesome Nintendo exculsive range, which includes games such as Prime 2, PM2, Pikmin 2, Konga, Wind Waker, Mario Kart and so many more!

You will get to wet yourself at the prospect of owning some immense games that will grace upon the Cube in 2005, including Resi 4, Viewtiful Joe 2, Star Fox, Mario Tennis and so many more!

You will only have to pay at the most 80 quid for one, and that will come with controllers, memory card and some stupid, random game that refused to sell.

You will then have 2 consoles better than your PS2, which will increase your life-o-meter rating and rank you higher on God's list.

You will be able to ditch your stupid friends and make friends with the Ninty Forum crew, which will increase your SR popularity and improve your life.

And that's about it, really. Get a Cube. Go on!
Wed 29/12/04 at 08:03
Regular
Atomic Halo wrote:
> Because its good.................... :S
>
> Its worth £70 and loads of decent games have come out now such
> as Tales of Symphonia, Donkey Konga, Paper Mario 2 etc!

thats the thing argos have them for £40 now but their out of stock
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:48
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> No but Zelda personifies Nintendo games and you get a Gamecube for
> Nintendo games. So if you don't like Zelda you probably won't like
> games such as Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and the such like.
>
That's utter crap, even from you.

Zelda, Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime are 3 games that have nothing in common except they were published by the same company for the same console.

And no, don't even bother to say they all have some kind of Nintendo 'attitude' or 'soul' because that is meaningless sh*te as well.
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:27
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Because its good.................... :S

Its worth £70 and loads of decent games have come out now such as Tales of Symphonia, Donkey Konga, Paper Mario 2 etc!
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Skies of Arcadia
Super Monkey Ball 2
Pikmin 2
F-Zero GX
Tue 28/12/04 at 21:11
Regular
"0228"
I don't understand why you don't like Zelda though. It is the one franchise that my PS2 loving friends will admit to enjoying. Just give Wind Waker a good go, you will enjoy it. It's not exactly taxing.
Tue 28/12/04 at 21:01
Regular
ahhh i love super monkey ball and have yet to hear when its out on xbox..ok thats one good point

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.