GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Taking Back Sunday & My Chemical Romance"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/11/04 at 12:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
Taking Back Sunday are touring England in mid-January 2005 and are playing an impressive array of venues, with support from the excellent, if little-known, My Chemical Romance.

For those who haven't heard, or heard of, either band, they are both Emo-eqsue bands, with some funky riffs that are slightly resemblent of choppy pop-punk and with vocals ranging from screamy and throaty angst-packed lines to melodic harmonies.

To see a list of the venues and dates [URL]http://www.aloud.com/cgi-bin/aloud/search.pl?artist=taking+back+sunday&townfree=town&go1.x=0&go1.y=0[/URL]

I've got tickets for the Leeds Met gig already.

Start wetting yourselves in anticipation, folks, this is going to be immense.
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
Taking Back Sunday are touring England in mid-January 2005 and are playing an impressive array of venues, with support from the excellent, if little-known, My Chemical Romance.

For those who haven't heard, or heard of, either band, they are both Emo-eqsue bands, with some funky riffs that are slightly resemblent of choppy pop-punk and with vocals ranging from screamy and throaty angst-packed lines to melodic harmonies.

To see a list of the venues and dates [URL]http://www.aloud.com/cgi-bin/aloud/search.pl?artist=taking+back+sunday&townfree=town&go1.x=0&go1.y=0[/URL]

I've got tickets for the Leeds Met gig already.

Start wetting yourselves in anticipation, folks, this is going to be immense.
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:31
Regular
MCR have a track on Burnout 3, 'I'm Not OK' or something like that. I quite like it actually.
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:40
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm Not OK (I Promise).

Yeah, it's cool.

Come see them, they're playing at Leeds Met (Headingley)

You can pick up tickets from Jumbo records in the Headrom centre. They're £12.
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:45
Regular
Nah, I'll probably miss. I'm not really into that genre enough to go to Gigs and such.

Although I really do need a night out...
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:55
Regular
"SOUP!"
What sort of night out you wanting? Just a laugh and to get drunk or a garunteed pull/lay?

If you're just wanting a bit of a pish-up then go somewhere like Fab Cafe (Near Train station), The Sports Cafe (opposite town hall) or Bondi Beach (Near Queens hotel) in Leeds, they're all pretty light-hearted venues. If you're wanting some hot juicy loving go to Heaven & Hell (Hell, especially) and you'll find an abundance of girls to rub up against. Friday night it's £14 in and unlimited drinks all night (though I wouldnt recomend the house alcopops). Heaven & Hell is in the Grande Arcade (where the Sony Centre is) Also Baja (to the side of the Merrion centre) is a pretty good place to pull, and it'll full of students. There's a new student place that's opened up just further up than Baja called Halos, it's in an old church and it's a student bar/club - heard it's good but I've not been there.

If you fancy going somewhere to enjoy some rock music then there's the Cockpit (it's a bar as well as a venue) at the Dark Arches near the station and Bar Phono (it's just a black door in the Merrion centre (near the Morrisons) with "phono" on it, it's all underground) I'm going there with my girlfriend this weekend though I've not been before.

If you want me to take you out though baby, just ask.
Fri 05/11/04 at 13:05
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> What sort of night out you wanting?...a garunteed pull/lay?

I'd better not, the girlfriend will kill me!

> Bondi Beach (Near Queens hotel)

Oh no you didn't just recommend that place!

> Heaven & Hell

Aye, it's not bad there. But it's mostly filled with little girls these days.

> Halos

Hmm, must check that out sometime...

> Cockpit & Bar Phono

Now they are good places to go! Bar Phono is a great place to start off a night out too.
Have you not been to Star (inside Leeds Met Uni/Leeds UNI, not sure which - the one next to Drydock)? Pretty decent Student place, or at least it was a year ago.

> If you want me to take you out though baby, just ask.

You hitting on me? ;-P
Fri 05/11/04 at 13:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> What sort of night out you wanting?...a garunteed pull/lay?
>
> I'd better not, the girlfriend will kill me!

I didn't know if you were single/married/whatever so I thought I'd cover all my bases. If you're going out then would it be with the ball & chain or with mates?

> Bondi Beach (Near Queens hotel)
>
> Oh no you didn't just recommend that place!

Like, eww! It's not that bad, tacky as hell but cheap and the dance floor MOVES!

> Heaven & Hell
>
> Aye, it's not bad there. But it's mostly filled with little girls
> these days.

I like Hell because I like hardcore/trance - purgatory is sickening and heaven is mediocre, though. And yes, there's a lot of young un's get in nowadays. *sigh* When I was 14 there were no kiddies in whatsoever!

> Cockpit & Bar Phono
>
> Now they are good places to go! Bar Phono is a great place to start
> off a night out too.

Cool, I look forward to it. What's the drinks cost and entry fee like?

> Have you not been to Star (inside Leeds Met Uni/Leeds UNI, not sure
> which - the one next to Drydock)? Pretty decent Student place, or at
> least it was a year ago.

I've heard of Star but I've not been. I think my friend Sami was telling me it was a pretty good place and that they play rock/punk music there - am I right in thinking that?

> If you want me to take you out though baby, just ask.
>
> You hitting on me? ;-P

Yuss.
Fri 05/11/04 at 13:20
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> I didn't know if you were single/married/whatever so I thought I'd
> cover all my bases. If you're going out then would it be with the
> ball & chain or with mates?

Bit of both really, when it comes to nights out, the gf ain't a problem at all :D

> Like, eww! It's not that bad, tacky as hell but cheap and the dance
> floor MOVES!

Yes, but it smells in there, the floor is sticky as fook and it never seems to play any decent music!

> I like Hell because I like hardcore/trance - purgatory is sickening
> and heaven is mediocre, though. And yes, there's a lot of young un's
> get in nowadays. *sigh* When I was 14 there were no kiddies in
> whatsoever!

:D

> Cool, I look forward to it. What's the drinks cost and entry fee
> like?

Ooh, now you're asking. It's literally Months (possibly up to a year :O ) since I've been out! I can't remember the admission fee, but I know on some nights they do some great deals on shots - 50p, student or not. Never really stuck around in there long enough to sample their other deals though.

> I've heard of Star but I've not been. I think my friend Sami was
> telling me it was a pretty good place and that they play rock/punk
> music there - am I right in thinking that?

Indeedy you are. I'd recommend you don't go until later at night though, as it's not that great until it all kicks off :-)

> Yuss.

[S][S]Call me
Fri 05/11/04 at 14:32
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'll go check out STAR sometime soon I think, though I really have no idea how to get there!

I actually have no idea how to get to the Taking Back Sunday gig either, but my girlfriend and her mate have been before so I'll have to watch them get lost and then ask directions from studenty looking people.
Fri 05/11/04 at 14:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tribute, before you say anything, they're not emo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.