GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOZ: Gates Of The Realm?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 17:22
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
[URL]http://forums.legendsalliance.com/showthread.php?t=2700[/URL]

Is this title to the new 'Cube Zelda game?
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:36
Regular
I meant, it's a gay name.

:-O
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It'll be called Wings of Nayru and you'll have to fly a giant bird called Vaatu.

Or it'll be called The Legend of Zelda: Clip Clop Epona Adventures
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:34
Regular
I meant this name implies nothing.

Gates of the Realm could actually be a series of gates you have to get through and enter a new land each time, sort out the problem and make your way through the next gate.

Could mean anything!

We'll find out at E3.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:25
Regular
Well, in most Zelda games, the subtitle refers to an item you get near the beginning of the game.

The Gates would = something later, as you have to open them, and is a gay name anyway.

It'll be called

The Legend Of Zelda: The Magic Gameboy

Where the hero of time travels way into the future, and gets a gameboy, and then takes it back, and everyone tries to kill him to get a hold of it, but then, it runs out of juice,and Ganondorf has stolen Princess Zelda, who is the only person in the world who knows where the battery shop is.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:25
Regular
Lol.

The realm could be ruled by Gannondorf, once you enter it all it is is a destroyed, buring mass. Link follows the ruined road to the castle, works through the castle and allows people back into the realm to re-build it.

Name... Implies... nothing.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It DOES imply that it's just a start rather than a one off.

I know it doesn't matter but, darn it, it MATTERS
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:16
Regular
Not in that context it doesn't, Gates to the Realm implies more than one Gate.

And just because there is a realm you can't explore doesn't mean there isn't much to explore does it????

Okay so you won't be able to explore the realm, damn the game, sure there is an epic land before the realm, but nope the game must be small because you can't explore the realm.

Which it doesn't actually say you can't, it just implies you can't explore much of it.

Going on your theory we can assume there is one dungeon, which we get a key, and unlock a gate, save princess, end.

Ha ha, yeah, I'm sure after 3 years development time that's EXACTLY what we're gonna get.

Does not imply a thing. Not the title anyway.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
yeah but doesn't it also imply that there's a Realm which you won't be able to explore? That all you'll be doing is opening up the gates and then going no further? It does to me.

Also gates in the plural is like trousers - it implies the singular.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:07
Regular
It also implies there are more than one gate, and perhaps you have to unlock each one to rescue Zelda, in which case there could be various quests for keys in various dungeons.

The name implies nothing.

Not that it matters as it isn't the name.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
well "gates of the realm" sounds like it is just the beginning, like you're not actually going to be in the realm, only around the gates. That suggests that it isn't a very large game at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.