GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Story starting here methinks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/05/01 at 13:29
Regular
The sun beat down on the little group of Foggers as they watched the bees buzz and the badgers badge.
“What’ll be the plot of this story then?” sighed Grix as another gameaday dropped into his lap.
“Dunno…I’ll think” was the bored reply from Ant.
Across from these two, Armitage and Goatboy were engaged in childish movie quote games, chuckling with their trivia knowledge and pinging elastic bands at each other’s heads.
“Look at them” sneered Wookie, “Kids..bloody children”.
“Yeah but what can you do?” asked Mr Snuggly, “They provide a welcome relief from the all too familiar debate of Xbox vs PS2.”

Tony strolled across the lawn, hoisting his slacks over his waist as he brushed the crumbs of a former battenburg from his lips, “Morning lads, how’s things?”
Wookie, Grix and Snuggly looked up, shielding their eyes from the sun as Tony hoved into view.
“Morning Boss” Snuggly said, “Nothing much, just enjoying the fine weather.”
Tony paused, looked about and winced, “What are Bangers and Mash up to over there?” pointing at the now wrestling figures of Goaty and Armitage.
Armitage had Goatboy in a headlock and was yelling “C’mon, what’s the movie? It’s not hard”
Goatboy screamed like a girl and begged for mercy, “I don’t know alright? I don’t watch Brit crime flicks…they suck”

The group watched them play fighting and returned to serious, adult topics.
“Any joy with the girl-in-forum thing Tone?” Grix mumbled as he fought in vain to open his carton of juice.
“Nah, although I suspect a couple of members of trying to cheat” he said as he flopped down beside them and took the carton from Grix, opened it and handed it back with a knowing smile, “The corners first mate, remember that.”
Goatboy came running over, grass stains on his knees and a pen jammed into his ear courtesy of Armitage, “Someone just say member?”
Everyone groaned and threw things at him “Leave it. Just act like an adult for once would you? Please, just say something sensible”
“But I cant. Don’t you understand? I’m the jester of the bunch, I am here to amuse and entertain. Armitage understands.”
They looked towards Armitage, who had his hand stuck in a tube of Pringles and was bashing it over his head in an attempt to free the trapped appendage.

Wookie stood, brushed the food wrappers from his knees and straightened his t-shirt, “Well, if nothing else they provide an argument against Darwin”
Tony chuckled and scratched Snuggly behind the ears “What can you do? They mean well, just can’t seem to be serious”
“I’m serious” said Sniper, and promptly disappeared from the story for weeks at a time yet maintaining his high posting count.

Armitage had freed his hand and came over excitedly, “Tony, can we go for a ride in the car please?”
“Yeah!” yelled Goatboy, jumping up and down happily “Car! Car! Car!”
Meka pulled up in the SR mobile, they all piled in and headed off to……..

(take it from here guys)

Thu 10/05/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The sun beat down on the little group of Foggers as they watched the bees buzz and the badgers badge.
“What’ll be the plot of this story then?” sighed Grix as another gameaday dropped into his lap.
“Dunno…I’ll think” was the bored reply from Ant.
Across from these two, Armitage and Goatboy were engaged in childish movie quote games, chuckling with their trivia knowledge and pinging elastic bands at each other’s heads.
“Look at them” sneered Wookie, “Kids..bloody children”.
“Yeah but what can you do?” asked Mr Snuggly, “They provide a welcome relief from the all too familiar debate of Xbox vs PS2.”

Tony strolled across the lawn, hoisting his slacks over his waist as he brushed the crumbs of a former battenburg from his lips, “Morning lads, how’s things?”
Wookie, Grix and Snuggly looked up, shielding their eyes from the sun as Tony hoved into view.
“Morning Boss” Snuggly said, “Nothing much, just enjoying the fine weather.”
Tony paused, looked about and winced, “What are Bangers and Mash up to over there?” pointing at the now wrestling figures of Goaty and Armitage.
Armitage had Goatboy in a headlock and was yelling “C’mon, what’s the movie? It’s not hard”
Goatboy screamed like a girl and begged for mercy, “I don’t know alright? I don’t watch Brit crime flicks…they suck”

The group watched them play fighting and returned to serious, adult topics.
“Any joy with the girl-in-forum thing Tone?” Grix mumbled as he fought in vain to open his carton of juice.
“Nah, although I suspect a couple of members of trying to cheat” he said as he flopped down beside them and took the carton from Grix, opened it and handed it back with a knowing smile, “The corners first mate, remember that.”
Goatboy came running over, grass stains on his knees and a pen jammed into his ear courtesy of Armitage, “Someone just say member?”
Everyone groaned and threw things at him “Leave it. Just act like an adult for once would you? Please, just say something sensible”
“But I cant. Don’t you understand? I’m the jester of the bunch, I am here to amuse and entertain. Armitage understands.”
They looked towards Armitage, who had his hand stuck in a tube of Pringles and was bashing it over his head in an attempt to free the trapped appendage.

Wookie stood, brushed the food wrappers from his knees and straightened his t-shirt, “Well, if nothing else they provide an argument against Darwin”
Tony chuckled and scratched Snuggly behind the ears “What can you do? They mean well, just can’t seem to be serious”
“I’m serious” said Sniper, and promptly disappeared from the story for weeks at a time yet maintaining his high posting count.

Armitage had freed his hand and came over excitedly, “Tony, can we go for a ride in the car please?”
“Yeah!” yelled Goatboy, jumping up and down happily “Car! Car! Car!”
Meka pulled up in the SR mobile, they all piled in and headed off to……..

(take it from here guys)

Thu 10/05/01 at 13:39
Regular
"not dead"
The seaside!

Tony took over at the whell, and Meka stood at the front microphone in hand.

"To make the journey pass by that little bit quiker, I'll start with a song:

We're all goin' on a, Summer Holiday,
No more postin' for a, week or two...."
Thu 10/05/01 at 13:41
Regular
"not dead"
The 'whell' for all of those who are stupid enough not to know, is a wheel like contraption that has special magical powers.....
Thu 10/05/01 at 13:45
"High polygon count"
Wookiee sat chuckling in the back, as Goaty and Armatige entered into their Bart and Lisa impression, bugging Tony with a perpetual burst of "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
Thu 10/05/01 at 13:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tony kept twisting around in his seat and trying to smack them in the face with a rolled up magazine, "No we're not. Shut up. For chrissake just shut up!"

The car laughed as the duo settled back and pinched each other sneakily.
Armitage squealed when Goaty gave him a rabbit-punch to the kidneys.

Tony turned with thunder in his face "Do not make me pull over and get you out"
Goaty smiled evily as Armitage sulked.."He started it..you always take his side"

Tony returned to driving, oblivious to the mounting tension in the cramped and rapidly warming SR van.
Thu 10/05/01 at 16:34
Regular
Grix's head exploded...
Thu 10/05/01 at 16:43
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Grix's head exploded...

Saucy...
Thu 10/05/01 at 16:48
Regular
Dirty, dirty Shanks. Bad Shanks.

I could follow this up about cleaning the seats down... but I'm a bit put off about it now.

"Where are we going again?" Grix asked, after his head rematerialised...

"The beach."

"Ah yeah..." Grix said... paying no attention to any of the other characters. "Err... why?"
Thu 10/05/01 at 16:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"To play with Armitage's balls" offered Goatboy helpfully.
A swift punch from Wookie made him look back in pained wonder, "What? What'd I say?"
Wookie glared at him, "You know damn well"
"But.."
"Shut it!" came the reply in unison from all the weary travellers.

Armitage smiled to himself and stroked his yet to be inflated beach-balls.
Goatboy sneaked a glance at Armitage, who poked his tongue out and looked out the window.

"Ok" thought Goaty to himself "Ok...you'll all see"
Thu 10/05/01 at 17:29
"High polygon count"
While staring blankly into space, Wookiee noticed something odd out of the corner of his eye...

In Armitage's ball-bag (the bag he carried his beach balls in) was an eye. "An eye?" thought Wookiee. "That's odd."

Leaning forward and straining his eyes to see in the gloomy back of the van, he tried to make sense of it a several long seconds. "An eye... and what's that? Is it... a nose?"

Then, suddenly, he realised... it was a

"Shanksy you bloody idiot! You've brought the wrong inflatable! We can't blow up Dodgy Doris at the beach - the parent's will lynch us!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.