GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dealing with Fear"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/10/04 at 22:13
Regular
It occurs to me that I'm a utter coward most of the time. I have trouble over-coming it, and it's half the problem why I get so paranoid and all sorts of weird crap happens.

However, I've realised that actually writing down what I'm afraid of, working it out in my mind and then scribbling it down, actually really helps me to see what I have to face. In many ways, it's a little system to see what direction I need to go next, admit to the fear, then attack it.

So, just out of interest (and to see if anyone else has the same problem with being afraid, anxious and the like), I ask what you're afraid of at the moment? You never know, with it out of your system and admitted, maybe it won't be such a problem?

I'm not just talking about phobias like spiders, heights, etc.. more things like debt, being on stage, talking to a girl, etc.

Any other fear related comments also welcome.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
At the moment, Im afraid of falling behind in Uni.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
"As complicated as things can be, that sounds so simple yet so hard to do! Confusing thoughts."

Know what you mean, I think it might be because I've kinda got used to trying to hide the fear in my mind, pretend it's not there? I'd imagine so anyway :)

I really fear change, and social situations, especially when I don't know anybody there. That pretty much covers most of my fears.

Stuff like going to university, getting a new job, etc. I fear kinda completely losing my mind to fear too, so I'm kinda afraid of fear itself, but that's a good thing I expect.

I suppose when you look at all fears you can narrow it down to a basic raw fear of something.. I guess you're afraid of automobiles etc because you're afraid of death, and you make some sort of mental link for cars, planes etc to death. Maaybe.

All the same, thanks for replying, really no idea how successful this topic will be :)
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My driving test.

Half the time I'm calm, the other half I'm 'knowing' I'm going to muck it all up. And it doesn't even matter........
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:37
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> admit to the fear, then attack it.

I used to be afraid of the elderly. So, I went around attacking them with a spatula screaming, "I must master my fear!"

Facing your fear doesn’t work.

I now have a fear of small cold dark single rooms equipped with toilets. I must never get myself arrested again or go to Butlins on holiday.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:31
Regular
"cachoo"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> admit to the fear, then attack it.

As complicated as things can be, that sounds so simple yet so hard to do! Confusing thoughts.

My fears at the moment are the usual. Talking about my fears/problems for the worry of others not understanding and making you feel completely out of place, therefore you want to kill them for their secret thoughts even though they're probably not thinking anything remotely hurtful.
Planes, trains and automobiles. :)
Hate anything with an engine. Probably ever since 9/11 or an accident and all these threats.
I fear impact too. Gaah! Such a horrible thought.

Maybe normality is fear and without them we're strange.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:13
Regular
It occurs to me that I'm a utter coward most of the time. I have trouble over-coming it, and it's half the problem why I get so paranoid and all sorts of weird crap happens.

However, I've realised that actually writing down what I'm afraid of, working it out in my mind and then scribbling it down, actually really helps me to see what I have to face. In many ways, it's a little system to see what direction I need to go next, admit to the fear, then attack it.

So, just out of interest (and to see if anyone else has the same problem with being afraid, anxious and the like), I ask what you're afraid of at the moment? You never know, with it out of your system and admitted, maybe it won't be such a problem?

I'm not just talking about phobias like spiders, heights, etc.. more things like debt, being on stage, talking to a girl, etc.

Any other fear related comments also welcome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.