GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sorry gang, but I've got no choice."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/10/04 at 11:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm going to have to use frames on my next job. The company it's for approved (and paid a stupid amount of money for, not to me) some artwork, and the only way it can be done exactly as they want it is with frames. Should be OK, as long as no-one uses Netscape...
Thu 28/10/04 at 11:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm going to have to use frames on my next job. The company it's for approved (and paid a stupid amount of money for, not to me) some artwork, and the only way it can be done exactly as they want it is with frames. Should be OK, as long as no-one uses Netscape...
Thu 28/10/04 at 11:11
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
** Leaps for the keyboard **

You can do it without frames... There is no need for frames anymore, none what so ever, and think of the lack of acessibility, usability, crappy search engine rankings... oh the nightmare.

Nothing can't be done in CSS (to an extent). I insist you go shower in bleach and flush your mind with caustic soda for having such impure thoughts!
Thu 28/10/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry,
Thu 28/10/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh, it;s as simple as this:

Muuuuuh, I know better know.
Thu 28/10/04 at 11:53
Regular
Frames are rubbish.

If I see a site with frames, I dismiss it.

Sorry.

:P
Thu 28/10/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It would be ok if more browsers supported them, but I re-educated myself in the time it takes to do a Google search. CSS rules.
Thu 28/10/04 at 14:46
Regular
"Freeola Support"
at least use iframes
Thu 28/10/04 at 14:46
Regular
What's wrong with frames?

I think they're quite impressive.
Thu 28/10/04 at 14:47
Regular
Although I'm admittedly no expert in web design.
Thu 28/10/04 at 14:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Quick search, as I don't have time to explain.

"Do not use frames

Framesets structures have been used for long. They provided a convenient way to spare bandwidth in the early times of the Internet. They were also practical for dynamic languages as PHP (Learn it, Use it, Love it ;-) were not far-flung.

They should not be used any more for they are :

Outdated : CSS provide features to structure a page in the same way. Just set the selector "overflow:scroll" on a positionned
tag. Five years ago, I would have coded this site with three frames, but it was five years ago.

Nearly deprecated.As disabled people can't access to a framed structure as a whole, but frame after frame, the W3C, through the WAI stated that frame should be avoided. However, if you really need to use frames, please limitate them to three. Above, a disabled person just can't recall the relationships between frames.

Unreadable by the robots of the search engines. You will have to create a fake, unreadable to humans to have your framed pages indexed.
Frames can also be used for unspeakable reasons, as for simulating margins. Laziness, lack of skill, unawareness, wont ? I have never encountered a frame structure that could not be avoided."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.