GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YH QotD."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 11:04
Regular
Am I the only one in here that doesn't think life sucks?

After reading Timmarghs thread, some of the comments like "I thought everyone thinks about suicide at age 14" worry me a bit.

I've never thought it. I've never thought how crap and miserable my life is, and yes, I've had my downs as well as ups. Being ginger and spotty at school meant that they weren't exactly the happiest days of my life.

I'm 23 now. Still ginger, but no spots. Well, only the odd one...

Anyway, what I'm saying is despite ups and downs I've never thought about suicide.

So, am I the odd one out or something?
Thu 28/10/04 at 17:08
Regular
"lets go back"
Your Honour wrote:
> Am I the only one in here that doesn't think life sucks?
>
> After reading Timmarghs thread, some of the comments like "I
> thought everyone thinks about suicide at age 14" worry me a
> bit.
>
> I've never thought it. I've never thought how crap and miserable my
> life is, and yes, I've had my downs as well as ups. Being ginger and
> spotty at school meant that they weren't exactly the happiest days of
> my life.
>
> I'm 23 now. Still ginger, but no spots. Well, only the odd one...
>
> Anyway, what I'm saying is despite ups and downs I've never thought
> about suicide.
>
> So, am I the odd one out or something?

Ive never wanted to kill myself either. And im also a ginge. I just died my hair instead.
Thu 28/10/04 at 04:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've seriously contemplated suicide many a time, but I've never had actually tried to go through with it.

One of my friends went through with it about two months ago. Seeing what that does to friends and family is enough to put me off it for quite some time I reckon.
Wed 27/10/04 at 18:52
Regular
"0228"
No, I haven't seen 'Saw'.
Wed 27/10/04 at 18:48
Regular
"smile, it's free"
JFH wrote:
> VenomByte wrote:
> I'd kill to stay alive. No really, I would.
>
> You say that but I don't think you can really know unless you're
> confronted with the situation. Though for all I know you could have
> been in that situation. Doubt it though.

Have you seen 'Saw'? It's showing at the cinemas right now I believe. A very interesting take on juts how far people would go to save their own lives, when it REALLY comes down to it.
Wed 27/10/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
That was quite a harrowing read, Asher. Good on you for admitting it.
Wed 27/10/04 at 16:37
Regular
Ashman's post is a clear cut example of why suicide is so dumb. He had all that bad stuff and now he can still say life is good.

Bullying blows by the way, the only thing I've ever done that still haunts me was I used to be in with a crowd of guys that bullied a kid when I was 15. 9 years ago and I still remember the kid, and I remember one day when he finally decided to get courage and stick up for himself, I happened to be the one standing nearest to him so he attacked me, and I was kinda strong for my age and I had to retaliate because all the idiots from that crowd were there. I only hit him once, I'm not an ass, I didn't want to hurt him, but he was small and weak and it kinda caught him. I just remember the look on his face, it still comes clearly into my mind as I type this, as he was lying against the wall and everyone was laughing at him, and it was like he'd plucked up all his courage and I'd just knocked it straight back out again. I remember all my 'friends' patting me on the back and congratulating me, and at that point I finally started to loathe them all and it kinda turned life around cos I went and got some cooler friends.
The only one thing that troubles me is I never got to apologise to that kid or make friends with him, his Mum moved him to another school soon after that incident.
Only bad memory I have of childhood.
Wed 27/10/04 at 11:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Age 11 - Best friend (since birth) moves away
Age 12 - I start to get bullied
Age 13 - Brother gets cancer
Age 13 - Dad loses his job
Age 13 - Grandfather dies
Age 13 - Mum has a nervous breakdown
Age 13 - I get depressed...very depressed

This lasted until about Christmas 2003. What I'm trying to say is that not all teenager's are just down on themselves for no reason. Indeed, plenty of good things have happened since those events which mean that now, I'm feeling a lot better, and more confident, about myself. I never seriously contemplated suicide, but I stupidly used it as a threat through my idiocy.

I ran away twice, and then went to see a councillor. Basically he straightened me out, not by being good, but by talking absolute shitewash for several hours of my time. Over a period of just a month I clicked out of it.

Right now I'm loving life, and I'm not even just saying that. This half term has been one of the best ever (and I have my birthday in the Feb one for rivalry!) and I've got plenty of new friends to support me.

Depression can set in on anyone, I think, but everyone should be able to get themselves out of it somehow...some way.
Wed 27/10/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
At age 18 I held a carving knife to my wrist. I don't think I would have done anything, but anyway my Mum came in and saw me and freeked out a bit.

I'd had viral meningitus, and I was probably post-viral.

Then I went away to University, where I had loads of fun and felt happy most of the time, and my depression lifted

About two years ago I got arthritis and hit depression again, Some of you probably remember. I don't think I ever thought about killing myself during that time. I only really remember crying all the time. Then I got rid of my religon, changed my job and moved house and my arthritis went away

So in my experiance illness causes depression causes suicidal thoughts...
Did that answer your question?
Wed 27/10/04 at 02:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It's considered regularly but the answer is always the same, i'm too gutless and i know there is nothing else after this.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:54
Regular
It's worrying how bad I was.. I've tried to commit suicide, I hung myself with a chain, it snapped, luckily, and here I am. At the peak, it was more down to my schizophrenic self-hating nature, believing I was a monster and I shouldn't be allowed to be alive, long story, it's not pleasant.

But as life went on, I found better, more important things to hate, like other people and tuna. I think about suicide, but only logically. I'd do it if life really became a problem for me, but I'd also kill to survive too. Self-loathing, and apathy, kills, I swear. Kids need help to learn self-worth, if they're really struggling, but I don't know.

I'm only worried that if I'd have another schizophrenic episode and decide my life isn't worth living. It's very hard to fight at times, especially off medication, but not impossible. I've so far lived a life of continuous battle with myself, and now I'm being treated, it's like I've gotta start remembering how to live life again. I think I'm a bit of a special nut case mind.

I don't think you're flat or any less deep than someone who'd try and commit suicide versus someone who never dreams of it (someone mentioned this before). Personality and depth come from different areas, that's what personality is. But yeah. :)

Life sucks, but occasionally, on those fantastic little moments, it really, really rocks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.