GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Xbox Live Moments - post 'em here."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/01/05 at 11:51
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Hullo,

After reading *Highly Excitable*'s "My first great Xbox Live experience" thread, i decided to make this one.
You can put any great Xbox Live moments here for any game.

I have one: Dolores, you might remember this.

Halo 2 - Burial grounds - Team skirmish - Capture the flag.

The red team had just caught our flag and none of us realised at first. But when i did, i rushed over to their to their touchdown spot, armed with naught but a rocket launcher and waited for them. The rest of my team were shooting the flag guy from afar while he came out of the caves. So he started jumping to stay away from the bullets, he was still miles away from me at this point.
I saw him jumping and and fired a rocket. Amazingly it hit him at the peak of his jump, and from so far away!
Tue 04/01/05 at 11:05
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
Wouldn't say it was a great moment, more weird than anything else, anyways, the way I found 2 members (well, my brother was playing at the time) of this forum was he was randomly searching through Splinter Cell: PT games, and went into a room and there they were. [methinks it was Bullet and Creepy, not entireley sure]

Another time, I went into a big team battle with a load of my mates that I'd met on L!VE, and who was the other team, non other than half of the SR forums against us.
Tue 04/01/05 at 10:54
Regular
On multiflag on Waterworks I managed to steal the flag all 3 times by using the same tactic.
Get Banshee and then fly over the enemy base, really high up over the hole in the top of the base. Bail from the banshee and free fall in the middle of their base - steal flag, run up to the top of the base and jump off into the shadows and then run back to our base.
I did this twice and on the third time they had totally barricaded the base in with a banshee blocking the stairway and boxes in all the doorways. They made the mistake of doing it from the outside so that they could not get back in and kill me so I had to call in help from the rest of my team who blew the crap into the base with everything they had (including ram raiding the back entrance with a warthog). After I escaped from the base I got a lift from a guy in the Warthog and we won.

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx? gameID=44193277&player=OddToe

(Remove Space)

Must have been the best game I ever had.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:37
Regular
I remember being on coagulation and it was multi-flag.

What does everyone on our team except me do? They attack.

I'm left on the right of the base and a warthog pulls underneaf.

They take the flag and the rest of the teams shouting "WHO'S ON DEFENCEE!"

Luckily they decided to come on out in my direcion, so BAMN! headshot to the passenger with our flag. The gunner gets of and trys to take it, BAMN! another headshot and then the poor old driver suffers the same fate.

The team still shouting "WHO'S ON DEFENCE!" so I say "I'm the f*****g defence now get back to the f*****g base"
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Forgot my password."
Me Pumpkin and another few were playing CTF, so we do the flag easy therefore we thought A victory lap was appropriate. Ah the good times.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Cycloon wrote:
> satans little helper wrote:
> Team Skirmish - coagulation - capture the flag.
> Just to have a laugh and get the other team confused, we all rushed
> to the hill in the middle and just stood there! The other team
> didn't
> know what was going on and just kept killing us but we rushed back
> to
> the hill. We didn't shoot or anything it was hilarious!
>
> The funniest bit was the start - that guy fired a rocket at us and
> killed all of us - simply because we were just standing there going
> 'ALRIGHT MATE?! I'M AUSTRAAALIAN!'

Hehe yeah. Later a banshee tried killing me on the hill so i boarded it and killed him!
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
satans little helper wrote:
> Team Skirmish - coagulation - capture the flag.
> Just to have a laugh and get the other team confused, we all rushed
> to the hill in the middle and just stood there! The other team didn't
> know what was going on and just kept killing us but we rushed back to
> the hill. We didn't shoot or anything it was hilarious!

The funniest bit was the start - that guy fired a rocket at us and killed all of us - simply because we were just standing there going 'ALRIGHT MATE?! I'M AUSTRAAALIAN!'
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Forgot my password."
The Hibernator wrote:
> I prefered your other name :' {
>
> Gave the impression you had a WKD side...

She's a 13 year old girl you MONSTER.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:01
Regular
"\\"
mattributé wrote:
> Emitime wrote:
> Halo 2 sucks :(
>
> Oh, Emitime... how wrong you are.

Meh. I don't like it.

The single player was dire, and multiplayer was ok, but didn't hold my interest for very long.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:00
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Emitime wrote:
> Halo 2 sucks :(

Oh, Emitime... how wrong you are.
Mon 03/01/05 at 12:57
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Team Skirmish - coagulation - capture the flag.
Just to have a laugh and get the other team confused, we all rushed to the hill in the middle and just stood there! The other team didn't know what was going on and just kept killing us but we rushed back to the hill. We didn't shoot or anything it was hilarious!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.