GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Van the man is in the doc"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/10/04 at 17:47
Regular
"I love Lemonesent"
looks like hes being investigated after his nasty tackle on Cole yesterday from what I see it was nasty and quite frankly hopes he gets a heavy ban The Game could do with out that ........ the papers were full of it too saying United and Riley are cheats lol my view is he did catch him even if it was minimal it was a silly challenge
Wed 27/10/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Quinty wrote:

> The difference being that this is a piddly little rumour, made up by
> the media, which anyone with an ounce of common sense will realise is
> totally blown out of proportion.

Because Fergie often makes it a habit to change clothes before doing interviews

*sky man* - Hey Fergie, got time for a chat?
Fergie - Aye lad give us a wee while will ye? I've got to get out of this nice suit and into a tracksuit for the cameras
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:20
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Dear God, reporters are useless sods aren't they?

R:" So do you apologise for calling him a cheat (RVN)?"

Wenger: "I don't know what I said, but I'd be happy to listen to a radio or TV quote."

R:" But are you sorry?"

Wenger: " I don't know exactly what I have said, so show me some footage, otherwise I do not have to apologise for something I have not said. What are you going by?"

R: "Err. Just what I've heard."

I'm not even over doing it when I quote the "errr" that the reporter said. They are useless cretins.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:09
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Any chance of any of the Arsenal thugs to get a ban for assaulting Fergie or the challenges they were chucking around FA??

The difference being that this is a piddly little rumour, made up by the media, which anyone with an ounce of common sense will realise is totally blown out of proportion.

Makes me laugh how you all take this seriously, i wish it was true just for sheer comic value. Might even surpass Keown last year at OT, now that WAS entertainment!
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:06
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hmm. I'm not sure things quite as bad as that happen, but regardless of all sensible fans kicking and screaming, the FA are pansies.

Who do they think they're going to upset? The fans who are asking for the changes? The managers of clubs who have already turned their backs to the international side?
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm saying he's done no worse than what happens in at least one game every Saturday, where's all the bannings there?
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:59
Regular
"The Red Shift"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Any chance of any of the Arsenal thugs to get a ban for
> assaulting Fergie or the challenges they were chucking around FA??

That's laughable to say the least.

And are you saying that RVN was wronged? Shame on you if you are.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Right well from now i expect EVERY player in the league who commits a dangerous foul to get a 3 game ban whether the ref picks it up or not. Any chance of any of the Arsenal thugs to get a ban for assaulting Fergie or the challenges they were chucking around FA??

What's that?? No??? Didn't think so, too busy tying up the Arsenal ribbons to the Prem Trophy already.

Ah well that's their power fix for the month just so they can feel all big and powerful now after letting Becks off the hook
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:32
Regular
"The Red Shift"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Yeah, got a 3 game ban now.
>
> "There was no malice in the challenge", he said earlier.
> Now he's saying that he agrees there was foul play involved.
>
> ...

I heard that on radio too. Idiotic. The FA are possibly one of the worst "disciplinary" boards ever.

Every single team has got away with everything they've ever done. Every player likewise. Yet in the year they've come under the most criticism, the referees too, they crack down on shirt raising in celebrations.

That's just pathetic. Players should be fined large amounts of money and bans should be exact, like the law. I don't know if there are stated ban lengths for different crimes, but regardless of confessions or not. Van should have got 5 game ban and £100,000 fine. Or else a percentage of wage ruling should be applied.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:27
Regular
"The Red Shift"
> AfroJoe wrote:
> RVN should face a ban, though, as every time I see that tackle it
> looks a lot worse. Cole, Keown, Lauren and Vieira got banned for
> their actions against RVN at Old Trafford last season, and what RVN
> did to Ashley Cole in that match is far worse than any of those
> offenses - he could have quite easily broken his leg.

Too true. But there was no chance in hell that he would get any serious punishment.

> Tomoose wrote:
> Yes cus the whole Arsenal squad have legs made from paper. I've seen
> worse tackles, and for the most part I dont think it was deliberate.

It was just as bad as the Keane - Haaland challenge. An intent to hurt, with a raised foot, aimed at the kneeish area.

Disgraceful.
Tue 26/10/04 at 20:04
Regular
Absolute disgrace because it's too long or short?
If it's too short then fine.
If it's too long then I must ask what drugs you're on

3 month ban at least I say.
Yup yup.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.