GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tips on giving up Smoking?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/10/04 at 19:53
Regular
Any of you successfully quit the old cancer sticks?

I don't smoke during the week, or the weekend for that matter, but as soon as I have a couple of pints I smoke like they're going out of fashion. I'm sick of waking up feeling like I have someone stood on my chest after a night out, but I don't seem to have any willpower when I've had a skinful.

I know people who've tried those crappy patch things, but they were soon back on the fags. I refuse to fork out loads on those things anyway.

It looks like soon smoking will be prohibited in public places, which suits me just fine, it may be just the thing to force me to quit. No need for it - at least if there's some 'erb in your cigarette, you're getting something out of it. I don't smoke much rambeesh these days anyway.
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:32
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Goatboy wrote:
> It tastes great

Serious? 'Cos it smells awful.
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What makes smoking appealing?
I enjoy it, it makes me look cool and tough, older than I am and allows for an excellent ice-breaker.
It tastes great, enables me to run at high speeds and I can get kids to steal them for me.
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:13
Regular
"I'm scared of giving up in case I become one of them"?

Out of interest though, what makes it so appealing? No self righteous putdown or anything, I'm geninuely interested.

I tried smoking, didn't get anything out of it at all, except thoughts of 'hell, I'm just killing myself slowly here', so packed it in.
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:09
Regular
Word Goatboy.
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You'll give up if you want to, simple as that.
Nevermind patches/tablets/rubbish suggestions here from droolers, if you don't want to smoke then you won't, there's no great trick to it.

And that's what non-smokers (the facist rabid screaming ones) will never understand.
Put warnings on, make the entire pack a warning with a pic of yellowed cancerous lungs on, make them smell like ass - it doesn't matter at all if you don't want to give up.
I get that a lot from people, "Why don't you give up?"
"Because I dont want to"
"But...but...cancer! Tubes in arms! Wheezy dead man!"
"So?"
"Secondary smoke!!! Killing me!!!!"
"Good"

If I had my way, those militant non-smokers would be forced to wear brownshirts and march in goose-step time chanting "You shall have no will of your own. Submit to my view of what your life should be"

Man, there are so many of these anti-smokers I hope get cancer of the eyes.
Sun 24/10/04 at 19:48
"slightlyshortertagl"
Do what my uncle does, he lights the ciggy and just carries it, out of a whole cig, he takes about one or 2 puffs, sure it'll cost ye a bit... but it may work :-)
Sun 24/10/04 at 19:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
regular gum is good... be sure to get sugar free though or you'll get fat :)

any replies that involve "don't start", "don't light them" or anything equally useless win awards for being "things we'd have been better off without"

giving up smoking is hard for most people, it certainly isn't as easy as i thought it was... :S
Sun 24/10/04 at 15:22
Regular
"For One Night Only"
The most obvious, if not most sarcastic, answer would be never to have started.
Sun 24/10/04 at 15:03
Regular
Stop putting cigarettes in your mouth.
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:22
Regular
Watch that British Heart Foundation advert with the fatty cholestoral type stuff seeping from the people's ciggarettes.

Watch it over and over again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.