GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tips on giving up Smoking?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/10/04 at 19:53
Regular
Any of you successfully quit the old cancer sticks?

I don't smoke during the week, or the weekend for that matter, but as soon as I have a couple of pints I smoke like they're going out of fashion. I'm sick of waking up feeling like I have someone stood on my chest after a night out, but I don't seem to have any willpower when I've had a skinful.

I know people who've tried those crappy patch things, but they were soon back on the fags. I refuse to fork out loads on those things anyway.

It looks like soon smoking will be prohibited in public places, which suits me just fine, it may be just the thing to force me to quit. No need for it - at least if there's some 'erb in your cigarette, you're getting something out of it. I don't smoke much rambeesh these days anyway.
Wed 27/10/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I sucked on a chuba-chub lolly everytime I wanted a ciggarette. It gave me something to do, and it takes nice if you dip it in your pint.
Wed 27/10/04 at 12:01
Regular
"That's right!"
Kids, don't smoke. Unless you want to look cool.

I can't say I agree about the taste, especially the aftertaste, but the image thing, despite Goatboy's jesting, is true and it IS an ice breaker. Sometimes I'll carry a lighter (or a box of matches, just to be different) around with me so I can say "Yes" when a girl asks for a light, and then take it from there.

What do you do if you want to make a character look cool in a film? You have them smoking. And you have them not caring about cancer. Make something illegal and more people will just want to do it.

Look at coffee - here kids are encouraged to drink it when they get a bit older (I know I was) but I always hated the taste when I was that age. In America, where they worry about the "effects" caffeine has on kids, they tell them not to drink it... result? Kids there want to drink coffee, and think doing so makes them a rebel. Same with alcohol and, of course, cigerettes.
Tue 26/10/04 at 20:18
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> "I'm scared of giving up in case I become one of them"?
>
> Out of interest though, what makes it so appealing? No self righteous
> putdown or anything, I'm geninuely interested.
>
> I tried smoking, didn't get anything out of it at all, except
> thoughts of 'hell, I'm just killing myself slowly here', so packed it
> in.

Tastes nice. Gives you something to do with your hands and your mouth.
Mon 25/10/04 at 18:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> make them smell like ass

They've already got that one covered.
Mon 25/10/04 at 18:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
I used to "social smoke" just, as you yourself put it, when I've had a few drinks.

I then realised I didn't want to smoke any more because I'm not uber fit as it is, so stone cold gave them up. I did have some cigar a few weeks ago though, but there's nothing wrong with having a few puffs on the odd weekend (yet, inuendo intended)
Mon 25/10/04 at 18:11
Regular
I'm not anti-smoking at all.

If people choose to smoke, that's fairplay to them, it doesn't bother me. I've smoked before and enjoyed the rush and taste.

The only reason why I don't smoke now is because I don't want to.
Mon 25/10/04 at 18:10
Regular
"SOUP!"
Goatboy wrote:

> "But you look about 12"
> I have had..*mental calculation*..7 shags

You've been to MJ's place, havent you?
Mon 25/10/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I wish. 31 and, without my goatee, people don't believe me.
At work, "So you going to uni then?"
"I'm 31"
"...balls"
"No, really"
"But you look about 12"
"#@*%"^£^!)£*$"
"Alright, take it easy mate"

I enjoy smoking, I like the taste. I enjoy the 1st fag of the day and the last before I sleep. I laugh because I smoke yet am fitter than an awful lot of you couchmonkeys. I have had..*mental calculation*..7 shags thanks to somebody asking for a light/spare fag.
Smoking is great, much more fun than drinking because you don't end up vomiting and fighting each other after smoking too many, I can't kill anybody in my car because I've smoked 13 in one evening etc etc blah blah blah

Leave smokers alone, we're just as addicted as alchoholics yet they engender sympathy. Why?
"Secondary smokes kills us!!!!!!!"
I'd have to lock you in a room and smoke into your mouth for years for any effect, so that moron argument doesn't hold water.
Unlike your enormous skull.

Now I'm off for a bath and several cigarettes.
And "you" is, for the benefit of the dumbasses, the general indicative tense.
And yes, I was being not-serious with my comments before...I despair, I really do.
Mon 25/10/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
* bangs head on desk *

GB was NOT serious.

He is already at the age when he really doesn't want to make himself look older for one thing :)
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:34
Regular
It's a matter of taste. Unsure how sincere that post goatboy just made was, but I personally dislike the after taste, but couldn't say I dislike/like the taste of a cigarette whilst I actually smoke it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.