GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA - email autoresponders and webmail."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/10/04 at 15:55
Regular
Can a freeola member of staff (Afternoon!) please provide some more info on your email autoresponse option and webmail service?

You have been advertising these for some months now - are they ready yet ?
Thanks.

PS. The other day I had a query about the times on your servers. You asked if I had used your 'report a problem feedback system'. It would seem that this 'freeola' forum would be a better place for these sorts of queries. It gives other users a chance to keep up to date or pick something up, and in theory would stop you getting multiple requests for similar queries/problems. If I've got this wrong and you would prefer to have all freeola issues kept 'private' please let me know...
Thanks again.
Wed 20/10/04 at 15:55
Regular
Can a freeola member of staff (Afternoon!) please provide some more info on your email autoresponse option and webmail service?

You have been advertising these for some months now - are they ready yet ?
Thanks.

PS. The other day I had a query about the times on your servers. You asked if I had used your 'report a problem feedback system'. It would seem that this 'freeola' forum would be a better place for these sorts of queries. It gives other users a chance to keep up to date or pick something up, and in theory would stop you getting multiple requests for similar queries/problems. If I've got this wrong and you would prefer to have all freeola issues kept 'private' please let me know...
Thanks again.
Wed 20/10/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Freeola Support"
At the moment I have no more information than both acount features will be launched as soon as it is finished. You should expect an email from Freeola at the time of launch.
If you are having problems with spam for instants I can only really recommend using JBMail available at [URL]http://www.help.ukpc.net[/URL]
Wed 20/10/04 at 23:03
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I've noticed that Freeola Webmail comes under the 'optional extras' category, along with MySQL and email protection. As you already charge for the two, does this mean webmail will be a paid for service??

I was under the impression that it would be an add-on, at no cost, but if you're going to charge for such a service, it'll be one I'll pass up on.

Just to add on to what Afternoon said, I'd recommend JBMail as well, its a great little mail washer.
Wed 20/10/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Freeola Support"
cjh wrote:
> As you already charge for the two, does this mean webmail will be a paid for service??
I've not been told about this, we should have more details soon.
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:02
Regular
Afternoon wrote:
> At the moment I have no more information than both acount features
> will be launched as soon as it is finished. You should expect an
> email from Freeola at the time of launch.
> If you are having problems with spam for instants I can only really
> recommend using JBMail available at
> [URL]http://www.help.ukpc.net[/URL]

Thanks for the JBMail link - this looks very useful.
Is the help.ukpc site anything to do with you ?
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Freeola Support"
This site was originally designed by one of our support staff as an help website for some of our most commonly asked questions around the time it was developed.
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:24
Regular
Afternoon wrote:
> This site was originally designed by one of our support staff as an
> help website for some of our most commonly asked questions around the
> time it was developed.

I've been trying to use uebimiau webmail that gets a mention on this site - BUT keep getting "Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect..." errors.

Is it me, or is this due to your PHP changes back in the summer - I'm afraid I'm a PHP novice...
Thanks.
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Yes that function of PHP was disabled last summer.
Thu 21/10/04 at 16:45
Regular
Afternoon wrote:
> Yes that function of PHP was disabled last summer.

Is there an allowed work aorund ?
Thu 21/10/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Unfortunatly there is no work around for this particular variable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.