GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA - email autoresponders and webmail."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/10/04 at 15:55
Regular
Can a freeola member of staff (Afternoon!) please provide some more info on your email autoresponse option and webmail service?

You have been advertising these for some months now - are they ready yet ?
Thanks.

PS. The other day I had a query about the times on your servers. You asked if I had used your 'report a problem feedback system'. It would seem that this 'freeola' forum would be a better place for these sorts of queries. It gives other users a chance to keep up to date or pick something up, and in theory would stop you getting multiple requests for similar queries/problems. If I've got this wrong and you would prefer to have all freeola issues kept 'private' please let me know...
Thanks again.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:52
Regular
So if the Freeola bosses have eyes every where? how come they cant see that you are advertising a service thats not available? it cleary says
Completely flexible free email
- FREE unlimited email addresses
- FREE unlimited email forwarding
- FREE unlimited email autoresponders*
- FREE anti-spam and anti-virus protection
Now that small * says they are coming "soon" but that has been saying that for ages and ages now? please can some one define what soon means? if I were to send you a cheque soon in the post would you think 7 months was soon? I doubt it?? :-)
Mon 02/05/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Freeola Support"
GWD wrote:
> While there's a member of staff around...
>
> *bump*
>
> "I have some clients gagging for FREEOLA webmail.
> Also some new clients don't want to sign up for FREEOLA domains etc.
> until this service is available.
>
> Any update would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance."

The webmail is coming along nicely. Some nice changes on the horizon too including a new CP with intergrated domain management.

However, I'm afraid I can't say anymore than that. The Freeola bosses have eye's everywhere...
Sat 30/04/05 at 18:43
Regular
While there's a member of staff around...

*bump*

"I have some clients gagging for FREEOLA webmail.
Also some new clients don't want to sign up for FREEOLA domains etc. until this service is available.

Any update would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance."
Thu 07/04/05 at 12:21
Regular
Nimco - see the earlier part of this thread:

"I've been trying to use uebimiau webmail that gets a mention on this site - BUT keep getting "Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect..." errors."

:)
Thu 07/04/05 at 12:13
Regular
"NULL"
Oh I see, with you now.

If you could upload it again and post the error here, we might be able to sort it.
Thu 07/04/05 at 11:50
Regular
As I said earlier - I did install it a year or so ago. But it failed with a php error which freeola confirmed (right or wrongly) was due to the changes they introduced to plug a few security holes they had found.

Perhaps I'll wait to see if Danny replies with an update on this long advertised option and depending on what he says I'll start looking at webmail scripts again.

If any freeola customers are successfully running webmail - please let me know...
Thu 07/04/05 at 11:38
Regular
"NULL"
Lol. Could you not upload it to your webspace to test?
Thu 07/04/05 at 11:37
Regular
Fair enough!

:)
Thu 07/04/05 at 11:36
Regular
"NULL"
I have neither an account with Freeola or any means of dialup to upload even if I did have one!
Thu 07/04/05 at 11:31
Regular
Uebimiau is a general webmail app - try a google.

If you looked at the version mentioned in the link I gave then Yes, I believe the freeola specifics have already been added.

Can you get it working ? Or Squirrelmail etc, etc ?

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.