GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Marriage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/10/04 at 12:59
Regular
"..."
Forthose of you who don't know...I recently got married to fellow (and better known) SR poster Lucy-Jane and well...life doesn't feel any different. I was really expecting post-married life to be different to pre-married life, but it really isn't....

Buying a house was a life-changing experience, as was getting a first full-time proper job and graduating of course. But I have come to the conclusion that...

Marriage = Over-rated.

Discuss.
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Mr lover man. I am said bride. And its wierd.. as people say you will feel different. But i guess thats when you dont live with the guy or girl before hand.

Which is a good thing. As you get to know all the annoying habbits. :)
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:07
Regular
"8==="
So you've got all the best bits out of it?

Good luck with the amicable divorce then. ;P
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:10
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I know, I got married last year, and people were saying you'll feel different etc, but as I'd lived with my now wife for 3 years before hand and both had jobs we weren't going to move from, owned our own property etc I couldn't ever fathom what everyone was going on about.

I think the one good thing marriage gives you is the security, legally, should anything happen to either of you.

Watch out for the annoying 'leaving pants on the floor' habit...not that I do that though, obviously!!

Congrats on getting married though.
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:10
Regular
I think she means black.

Well first you went on holiday and got married there with a few people not really a big event with lots of family and friends (still sounds great though better than a church but it's little more than just a holiday away from work with a mate as witness). You were already on your honeymoon so there was nothing to look forward to. You go back home and you carry on doing your daily jobs. I dont think marriage is overrated at all. I don't think it's suppose to suddenly change your life around, it's just a special day dedicated to the bringing together of two people, two families, you're not just two people sharing a place having sex anymore.

You have to laugh that he does a thread after getting married saying how overrated it all was. For christ sake it was suppose to be the most important day of his life :) you'd expect your wife to give you a beating for saying such a thing but I guess your wife felt the same. Which is a shame because a lot of people have very fond memories of their wedding day and I wouldnt be suprised if those people didnt end up getting divorced.

Perhaps instead of getting married one month after turning 24 you could have spent several more years together, and maybe it might have meant more to you. Personally I think you were wrong to rush into it, @ng3l not in a rush but I'd like to think that when she gets married it'll be something more than such a little party.
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:13
Regular
"8==="
FullMetal Alchemist wrote:
> I think she means black.

No she meant back.

She had a Lector inspired wedding.
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:15
Regular
It was a wedding not a funeral, she was on holiday somewhere sunny, why wear black? :S
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:30
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Pokey.. Please block me from MSN
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:33
Unblock?
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:38
Regular
block or unblock? I have you blocked and removed at the moment, do you need to talk in private or something? :S
Fri 15/10/04 at 09:04
Regular
Why were you expecting it to be different? All it is is a piece of paper saying you love each other....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.