GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Marriage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/10/04 at 12:59
Regular
"..."
Forthose of you who don't know...I recently got married to fellow (and better known) SR poster Lucy-Jane and well...life doesn't feel any different. I was really expecting post-married life to be different to pre-married life, but it really isn't....

Buying a house was a life-changing experience, as was getting a first full-time proper job and graduating of course. But I have come to the conclusion that...

Marriage = Over-rated.

Discuss.
Tue 12/10/04 at 12:59
Regular
"..."
Forthose of you who don't know...I recently got married to fellow (and better known) SR poster Lucy-Jane and well...life doesn't feel any different. I was really expecting post-married life to be different to pre-married life, but it really isn't....

Buying a house was a life-changing experience, as was getting a first full-time proper job and graduating of course. But I have come to the conclusion that...

Marriage = Over-rated.

Discuss.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
yeah i must agree with you on that one. I thought it would somewhat feel alot different however its just the same :)
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The same, but still good right?

I always thought a marriage was more for the bride and groom's family and friends rather than the bride and groom themselves. But then, I've just paid out a fortune for an engagement ring so maybe I was kidding myself.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:11
The wedding presents are worth it. There's also the change in surname.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:11
Regular
"..."
Light wrote:
> The same, but still good right?

Oh yeah, still good...

>
> I always thought a marriage was more for the bride and groom's family
> and friends rather than the bride and groom themselves. But then,
> I've just paid out a fortune for an engagement ring so maybe I was
> kidding myself.

Can't really say it was in our case, as we jetted off to Antigua to tie the knot and none of our families came with us, just me, Lucy and my best man...We don't like a fuss...
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:12
Regular
"..."
lcarus wrote:
> The wedding presents are worth it. There's also the change in surname.

Now that's a good point...we got lots of cool stuff for the house we had just moved into, including a George Forman lean mean fat reducing grilling machine!!!
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:12
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
lcarus wrote:

There's also the change in surname..

Thats the worse thing to do.. as everyone wants to see your marriage certificate.. even to change your name on the SKY subscription. :| Still doing it now and we've been married a month
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Now you can have legal sex in the eyes of the LORD.
Tue 12/10/04 at 14:07
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
yeah marrige is defenetly over-rated by far. This is why there are still alot of couples out there that are not married. Me being one of them. I have been with my partner for 6 years now, we bought our house and had a baby and another on the way. As for marrige we might get there one day but at the minute i dont see the point.
Tue 12/10/04 at 14:25
Regular
"not dead"
Marriage is good in a legal next of kin kind of way. If you're in hospital fighting for your life your spouse gets to call the shots rather than your folks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.