GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn You Sega..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/10/04 at 12:13
Regular
Yep, Sega have gone an released one of the 'Cubes most original and fun games onto the XBOX and PS2 - Super Monkey Ball.

Yep, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe will be rolling onto XBOX and PS2 pretty soon. A package that conatins SMB 1 and 2, plus with over 60 extra floors.

The 'why' is a mystery, because Sega fetched in cash-a-plenty from the SMB games and were very surprised to see it had developed such a large fanbase.

Does anyone know why Sega are releasing this on XBOX/PS2?
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:13
Regular
Yep, Sega have gone an released one of the 'Cubes most original and fun games onto the XBOX and PS2 - Super Monkey Ball.

Yep, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe will be rolling onto XBOX and PS2 pretty soon. A package that conatins SMB 1 and 2, plus with over 60 extra floors.

The 'why' is a mystery, because Sega fetched in cash-a-plenty from the SMB games and were very surprised to see it had developed such a large fanbase.

Does anyone know why Sega are releasing this on XBOX/PS2?
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:18
Regular
"0228"
I doubt it will sell well on PS2 or Xbox because it just isn't mature or cool enough for the owners of PS2s and Xboxs. Pretty much all cartoon style games fail to sell on those consoles.
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:22
Regular
I know, that what puzzles me see. Why would Sega put SMB on the XBOX/PS2 when they have a reputation for being 'adult' consoles.

I know people of all ages can enjoy SMB, but many people would dis it off as a childs game.

Dear me Sega, dear me...
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:22
Regular
Let me see...Ratchet & Clank, Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Blinx, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, etc....

These cartoon games never did sell too well did they...

Sega are releasing them on other formats as a test to see whether Super Monkey Ball 3 will be worth developing multi-format. The other reason? Because they will probably generate a nice sum of money for themselves. They wont be near as popular as they were on the GameCube, mainly because at the time, Super Monkey Ball was a system seller, so those who were going to get it, most probably have already. However, those who can't afford multiple systems will now have a chance to get it.

As long as Super Monkey Ball 3 is still released on GameCube in the future, I'm not too concerned.

And this is old news :P
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Still.. want those extra levels :S

I assume it has the same minigames too?
Regular
I didn't see a 3+ at the bottom of Vice City, GTA 3, FF X etc...

Good point though Edgy. Supposeit would be a good way to see if SMB3 will go multi-format. 'Tis a shame though that 'Cube looses out on yet another 'exculsive' series.

Its the same with Viewtiful Joe and Bomberman going onto the PS etc...
Regular
Yep, same minigames.
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:32
Regular
"0228"
Edgy wrote:
> Let me see...Ratchet & Clank, Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter,
> Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Blinx, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom
> Hearts, etc....
>
> These cartoon games never did sell too well did they...

I wouldn't call GTA a cartoon game and Final Fantasy X is pushing it a bit. Crash Bandicoot hasn't been selling brilliantly for the last few titles. Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank do alright because they have big weapons in them. SMB doesn't.
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:40
Regular
Utter BS.

A cartoon game doesn't have to have 3+ on it. For example, XIII is a 12+, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is an 11+ on the old ELSPA system, Viewtiful Joe is a 12+, TimeSplitters 2 is a 15+, Beyond Good & Evil is a 7+, as is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and so on.

Grand Theft Auto, atleast up until Vice City, has always been made in the style of a cartoon. Not cel-shading or Toon Rendering, I'll grant you that, but still a cartoon style. Just because it is adult in nature, the fact it is a cartoon doesn't change.

If you really rate the cartoon-level of a game on an age rating, then you're obviously going to mistake the likes of NHL Rivals, PGR2, Rallisport Challenge 2, Rogue Leader, and so on, as cartoon games. Your logic fails.
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:42
Regular
Calm down dear :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.