GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn You Sega..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/10/04 at 12:13
Regular
Yep, Sega have gone an released one of the 'Cubes most original and fun games onto the XBOX and PS2 - Super Monkey Ball.

Yep, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe will be rolling onto XBOX and PS2 pretty soon. A package that conatins SMB 1 and 2, plus with over 60 extra floors.

The 'why' is a mystery, because Sega fetched in cash-a-plenty from the SMB games and were very surprised to see it had developed such a large fanbase.

Does anyone know why Sega are releasing this on XBOX/PS2?
Mon 11/10/04 at 00:55
"I love yo... lamp."
Sega are releasing this simply because it sold a lot of copies on the Gamecube, which is far less popular than the PS2 and around the same units wise as the Xbox. SMB doesn't really have much in the way of competition, so they probably figure it will sell not too badly on the PS2 and Xbox, at least enough to make it worth while and make them money.

But when you have a game like Sega GT 2002, which is in a crowded genre, it probably wouldn't sell enough to make a PS2 port worth while. The same could be said about Jet Set Radio Future, or Panzer Dragoon Orta etc.

Bottom line is Sega are just trying to make money, and this is one way they probably will.
Sun 10/10/04 at 23:13
Regular
I wouldn't call it bitching.

More of a 'I'm right you're stupid' scenario.
Sun 10/10/04 at 23:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Apple Crumble wrote:
> Erm, yes lol.
>
> It kind of turned into an arguement due to different points of view.

Sounded like petty bitching to me.
Sun 10/10/04 at 22:57
Regular
Erm, yes lol.

It kind of turned into an arguement due to different points of view.
Sun 10/10/04 at 22:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Wasn't this topic about Sega originally?
Sun 10/10/04 at 22:33
Regular
Sorry JFH

I'm only kidding mate. Let's all make peace :)
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:34
Regular
"0228"
Hoops wrote:
> Apple Crumble wrote:
> Blame JFH. This was all his doing.
>
> I just dont want an argument, dont blame it on JFH, just because hes
> a newbie.

Yeah.
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:53
Regular
Azul had online friends...I could once consider him an online friend...but he changed.

If people still like him for being the way he is, then that's up to them.

He probably reached adolescence and the hormones kicked in.
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:52
Regular
His only friend was the infamous 'Dolphin'.

And that very Dolphin is going to get Jon Nash banned very soon.

Damn that Dolphin :)
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Edgy wrote:
> That wont gain you friends on here.

How come Azul has friends then?

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.