GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh Dear Billy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/10/04 at 02:49
Regular
"BILLY Connolly was yesterday criticised after joking about Ken Bigley, the British hostage, during a stand-up routine.

He was also said to have made remarks about the hostage's Thai wife.

At the Carling Apollo, Hammersmith, London on Monday night, Connolly was reported to have asked the audience: "Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this . . . aren't you the same as me, don't you wish they would just get on with it?"

He went on to joke about Mr Bigley's wife, Sombat, saying: "What is it with him and that young Asian wife?" Connolly allegedly swore after a member of the audience defended Mr Bigley, saying: "You're talking about a man's life, Billy."

--------------------

A joke's a joke, but that's taking things too far.
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:49
Regular
I think joking about someone being murdered, when the probability of it happening is high, is out of order.
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ironicly, you're all being highly politically correct.

At times, this kind of thing is offensive because people can't quite work out why it is, and so just blare about it.

However, this particular example is rather silly and stupid.
Sun 10/10/04 at 18:17
Regular
"8==="
lcarus wrote:
>
> What would you have done if in his position?

If the two guys before me had been killed I'd most definately have tried to escape.
Sun 10/10/04 at 18:14
Notorious Biggles wrote:

>
> As for Bigley, he may well have survived if he hadn't tried to
> escape.

What would you have done if in his position?
Sun 10/10/04 at 18:11
Regular
"8==="
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> escape.
>
> I don't believe that for a second.
>

Me neither. The guy holding him was supposed to be a psychotic.
Sun 10/10/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Always thought he was an over-rated tw@ and i personally found nothing about him funny.

Merely reinforces my opinion
Sun 10/10/04 at 15:24
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> escape.

I don't believe that for a second.

---------------------

With regard to the earlier statement of 'It's Bigleys fault for going to Iraq' - it's easy for us to say things like that isn't it? There are jobs that have to be done over there though, both military and civilian jobs. You can't just write someone off by saying they knew the risks, if indeed he did realise just how much at risk he was.
Sun 10/10/04 at 13:15
"I love yo... lamp."
I can see the humourous side in it.

As for Bigley, he chose to go. If I was him, due to retire in a few weeks, I'd have thought "hell no, I'm not risking my skin when I'm this close to retiring to Thailand".

Yes, it was insensitive. But there is an expression, if you don't laugh you'll cry. I'd rather laugh, or at least inwardly chuckle than end up some politically correct droid.

As for Bigley, he may well have survived if he hadn't tried to escape.
Sun 10/10/04 at 11:22
Regular
"Milky Milky"
well....at least you admit it...lol
Sun 10/10/04 at 11:21
Regular
"tokyo police club"
okay then - I'm SICK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.