GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh Dear Billy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/10/04 at 02:49
Regular
"BILLY Connolly was yesterday criticised after joking about Ken Bigley, the British hostage, during a stand-up routine.

He was also said to have made remarks about the hostage's Thai wife.

At the Carling Apollo, Hammersmith, London on Monday night, Connolly was reported to have asked the audience: "Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this . . . aren't you the same as me, don't you wish they would just get on with it?"

He went on to joke about Mr Bigley's wife, Sombat, saying: "What is it with him and that young Asian wife?" Connolly allegedly swore after a member of the audience defended Mr Bigley, saying: "You're talking about a man's life, Billy."

--------------------

A joke's a joke, but that's taking things too far.
Mon 11/10/04 at 01:09
"I love yo... lamp."
Hedfix wrote:

> and they knew where he was? I don't think so. They were looking for
> him for (what was it?) three weeks? It took them longer than that to
> find Saddam and even that was pure chance.

His escape was assisted by an MI6 asset that literally drove him out. Even my mother could manage the radio transmission to say "we're at Byres Road, come and pick us up".
Mon 11/10/04 at 01:09
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea that's true.
Mon 11/10/04 at 01:05
Regular
"Balls"
I like most stand up comedians, I don’t ever recall watching one if his but I wouldn't have been against it. However now hearing this I would rather look for something else to watch, a comment like that is enough to make someone appose him as you only ever hear the bad things and not much of the good things.
Mon 11/10/04 at 01:01
Regular
"Jackpot!"
No well that's just my opinion but I'm not into comedy much anyway and talking about that person like that definitely isn't funny.
Mon 11/10/04 at 01:01
Regular
"8==="
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I do believe it, mainly because a deal was in the works.

Or an excercise to save face, as the official line is 'no negotiation'.

And, Gadaffi
> made an appeal on his behalf.

Who wants to be pals with the west and would probably sell his own mother to get that to happen.

Also, there was talk of an SAS team
> going in for him.

and they knew where he was? I don't think so. They were looking for him for (what was it?) three weeks? It took them longer than that to find Saddam and even that was pure chance.

> Their thought process probably went something along
> the lines of "idiot tried to escape, and we have waited long
> enough, let's just kill him now", as opposed to hanging on a bit
> longer.

They'd had the media spotlight and gained enough recognition, it was the media attention that kept him alive for longer.
Mon 11/10/04 at 00:58
"I love yo... lamp."
Um to be different, to get attention, because he likes the colour?

Having a coloured beard doesn't make him a prat. I like him, despite an insensitive comment.
Mon 11/10/04 at 00:49
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea well billy connolly is a prat anyway, why would like a grown up man, if he is grown up dye his beard purple aswell? that guy has issues.
Mon 11/10/04 at 00:46
"I love yo... lamp."
I do believe it, mainly because a deal was in the works. And, Gadaffi made an appeal on his behalf. Also, there was talk of an SAS team going in for him. Their thought process probably went something along the lines of "idiot tried to escape, and we have waited long enough, let's just kill him now", as opposed to hanging on a bit longer.

What would I have done? Personally I'd have tried to get the hold of a gun and go on a killing spree, Halo style. Simply because I would trade my life for taking out the head honcho's. It would make for a worthwhile sacrifice.
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:01
Regular
He'll find it hard to get around that blunder. Things like that can cut peoples careers short.
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As I said, it was stupid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.