GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh Dear Billy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/10/04 at 02:49
Regular
"BILLY Connolly was yesterday criticised after joking about Ken Bigley, the British hostage, during a stand-up routine.

He was also said to have made remarks about the hostage's Thai wife.

At the Carling Apollo, Hammersmith, London on Monday night, Connolly was reported to have asked the audience: "Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this . . . aren't you the same as me, don't you wish they would just get on with it?"

He went on to joke about Mr Bigley's wife, Sombat, saying: "What is it with him and that young Asian wife?" Connolly allegedly swore after a member of the audience defended Mr Bigley, saying: "You're talking about a man's life, Billy."

--------------------

A joke's a joke, but that's taking things too far.
Sun 10/10/04 at 02:49
Regular
"BILLY Connolly was yesterday criticised after joking about Ken Bigley, the British hostage, during a stand-up routine.

He was also said to have made remarks about the hostage's Thai wife.

At the Carling Apollo, Hammersmith, London on Monday night, Connolly was reported to have asked the audience: "Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this . . . aren't you the same as me, don't you wish they would just get on with it?"

He went on to joke about Mr Bigley's wife, Sombat, saying: "What is it with him and that young Asian wife?" Connolly allegedly swore after a member of the audience defended Mr Bigley, saying: "You're talking about a man's life, Billy."

--------------------

A joke's a joke, but that's taking things too far.
Sun 10/10/04 at 02:51
Regular
oh balls, there's already talk of this in my other thread in Life.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake tonight. I blame absinthe.
Sun 10/10/04 at 02:55
Regular
"Balls"
Yeah to right, that’s way to far. Just like during the England VS Wales game yesterday there where a few ignorant wa*kers that shouted during the minute silence they held. Some people are so arrogant
Sun 10/10/04 at 08:16
Regular
"boom boom click"
some people are so gay! Billy is usually funny why is he doing this?!
Sun 10/10/04 at 10:31
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
I've never liked him anyway. I loathe his ever changing beard colour.
Sun 10/10/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I like Billy Connolly...but there is no excuse for that....he basically wished an innocent mans life away...if he was sick of hearing about it then he should have stopped reading the papers and turned off the news, not made fun of the situation....Billy should be sent to Iraq and put in the hands of murderers and we can see how long it takes until we are sick of hearing about him.
Sun 10/10/04 at 10:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I hate to say it, but it was his fault in a way. He was over there on £850 a day (according to reports), knew of the dangers etc.

That isn't saying that he deserved to die - I don't wish that upon any (read: most) people. But it was his choice to be there.
Sun 10/10/04 at 10:55
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Billy is a great comedian. However he did take that way to far. He should really have shown more compassion.
Sun 10/10/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Milky Milky"
mattributé wrote:
> I hate to say it, but it was his fault in a way. He was over there on
> £850 a day (according to reports), knew of the dangers etc.
>
> That isn't saying that he deserved to die - I don't wish that upon
> any (read: most) people. But it was his choice to be there.

I doesn't matters two gaks whose fault it was...Billy Connoly should not be making jokes about it.

Billy sets himself up as this big humanitarian who goes to all these African countries for Comic Relief and protests about the suffering people are forced to endure...WHAT ABOUT KEN'S SUFFERING? WHAT ABOUT HIS FAMILY'S SUFFERING??

Ken Bigley knew the risks of going to Iraq, but he still decieded to risk it all to help rebuild innocent Iraqi lives...is that what Billy Connolly wants?
Sun 10/10/04 at 11:01
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I wasn't supporting Billy Connoly, man.

Though he can be quite funny. ANd, however sick that joke was, it raised a smile from me as it's unexpected from a mainstream comedian.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.