GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Triple Science"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/10/04 at 19:37
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Just got offered this at my school for GCSE. If I was to do three Science GCSE's, I'd have to do an extra half an hour's lesson each Monday afternoon. It would mean I could get 11 GCSE's, but I hold my reservations.

Anyone else doing three sciences or got any advice?
Sat 09/10/04 at 00:10
Ha, I laugh at your puny skills. You can all rot in hell!!!
Sat 09/10/04 at 07:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh.

Do double science. It makes no difference whatsoever if you're already taking 10 GCSEs.

My school limits it at 8, 9 if you do tripple.

(So you achieve higher marks - cunning.)

Meh, doesn't effect your A-Level choices either. You can still go on to get a Chemistry, Biology or Physics A-Level even if you only did double.

And remember, two A* are better than three Bs...
Sat 09/10/04 at 09:12
Regular
"\\"
There's only one triple science class in my year. And I just happen to be in it. And they give us the three worst teachers. We really don't stand a chance of getting any good grades.

So far in physics I've learnt that if you pish the teacher off enough he lets you play naughts and crosses aslong as you're quiet. What a moron.
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:32
Regular
Do it do it do it.

What qualifications would you rather have;

Physics, Chemistry and Biology
or
Science A and Science B?
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Colourless"
I didn't do the triple award, only the double - and on exam results my school is in the top 10 in the country so I wouldn't say the double award is for crap schools or anything....

I doubt it's any harder, seeing as you do 3 exams for science in the double award as well, so you have to revise and do nearly just as much work in the double award, it's just you only get two grades for it. Obviously there's going to be a little bit more to do, but I wouldn't have thought there was that much difference, seeing as you have to revise thoroughly for each subject in the double award.

Only problem is - I screwed up my biology exam, and therefore only managed double A for science, which was pleasing anyway (seeing as I was lame in science) but I reckon I could have got A*s in the others....
Sat 09/10/04 at 21:10
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I suppose revision, would be in a way, easier as the exams would be broken up into individual subjects. I'll discuss it with the Biology techer who offered me triple science on Monday.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:06
Regular
Do it.

Double science is for losers.

At my school everyone does 11 (unless they're 'special'), you either do triple science and geography or history, or you do double science and both geography and history.

Needless to say, all the silly girls took double humanities.

Are you a silly girl? Probably.

Real men take triple science.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'm currently not enjoying Dual Science- I've scored consistent B's on modular exams, and I'm probably going to get the same on my final exams. I'm not too happy about having to re-write my reactions rates coursework twice either; otherwise it isn't too bad, as the workload isn't overly large and stressful.

But triple science? I didn't even know that existed! My advice is to only take it if you think it's worth it and you can do well.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:11
Regular
I did Double Science.

Triple Science wasn't an option for us at year 9.

Although I wouldn't of done it anyway because Science is boring.
Sun 10/10/04 at 11:32
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
in my old school you didn't get a choice you just got told that you were doing either double or triple. if you did triple then instead of having an IT lesson you got another science lesson. unfortunatly you still had to do the IT exam but it wasn't that difficult i ended up with a B for IT even without any lessons in it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.